Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Something on the Way!

Dear Friends~

You have each made feel so happy to be back!  Thank you for your comments and prayers. I'm sorry about not posting last week.  It's really a rather humorous story.  My amazing husband, Dave, bought me a new lap top with all the bells and whistles! Well, between not having blogged in a long time and not knowing how to use this Windows program, or how to even find my Blog Dashboard, it made it impossible for me to write a blog.  I still haven't figured out how to note favorites yet.  Do you know that new laptops don't come with a paper and ink set of directions?  I still can't change the image of the card for the give-away...give me another week on that!  So, I have been working my way through all of these little buttons, and touch screen keys...and my husband found my Dashboard so I could actually write this!  And I would really like to know what to use to clean all of the finger prints off the touch screen, and off of the black keyboard?  Anyone know?  I am very grateful to have this as my other laptop is completely out of storage.  Thank you all for your patience.
**************
 
Gemiel sent me an email with her mailing address, so her package of stamps and other assorted  goodies will be sent to her on Wednesday.  I have an appointment so I can stop at the post office and get them on their way! 

**************
 
Speaking of Give-Aways, every week someone who leaves a comment will be randomly chosen to receive the Card of the Week from the He IS Able Blog.  The only requirement is that you live, or the person you want to receive the card lives in the Continental United States.  I can send it to the person for you! (Over-seas postage is just SO VERY expensive!) Remember, all you need to do to win, is to leave a comment each week and be randomly chosen, and...you can win as many times as possible!

The person whose name was randomly chosen from the comments is pom4me.  She writes the "Peace of Mind for Me!" blog. If you know this person, let her know to stop by this blog!  pom4me, I need you to please email me your mailing address by next Tuesday at 6pm to receive your beautiful He IS Able card to keep or share with someone!  My email is always located on the right of the screen, it is:


"Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold!  But I will give you what I do have.  In the name of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, get up and start walking."  (Acts 3:6)

I would like to share from the book, "Quiet Moments in the Presence of God."  This book is a treasure and is published by Bethany House.
 
Something on the Way
 
"As you draw close to God, you sense something new in the air.  You feel the breath of God's Spirit  coming toward where you are."
 
"In a painting of the blind man at Jericho by the French master Nicolas Poussin, you can sense the expectancy of the one kneeling before Jesus for healing.  His left hand is outstretched, palm open toward Jesus.  His right hand is raised and extended in anticipation.  The right leg of the blind man is posed to take the first step into a new day of light and wholeness.  He has come to Jesus, fully expecting to see."
 
"Dawn arrives and you are standing on the edge of new possibilities.  You have absolute assurance that something special is on the way."
 
 
*************
 
The book also has this little prayer in it:
 
"When I realize who You are and what You can do,
dear God, my expectations are always high.  Amen."
 
*************
 
Just a thought.  This prayer starts out with "When I realize..."  Personally, I believe that if we are spending quality time with Him daily--praying, praising, reading and studying His Word, and whatever else brings you to Him, we will have the awareness all of the time of how great He IS!  That He is limitless in His power and love.  And, this prayer also reminded me that He is always, always--with us!  We are the ones who may put our relationship with our Creator on the back burner.  He lets us have an amazing relationship--what a gift that is!
 
 
"Hallelujah!  It's a good thing to sing praise to our God;  praise is beautiful, praise is fitting."
 (Psalm 147:1) 
 
 
**************
 
Please take the time to leave a comment...you may receive a beautiful He IS Able Blog Card!  This blog is about remembering who He is...and that He IS Able!  Have a blessed week!
 
 
His,
Traci Starkweather


4 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back! I too believe in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Father's grace and mercy always amazes me. That when we step away from Him, He is always waiting with His arms open for us to come running to Him. Glad to see you back Traci!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!