Friday, November 26, 2010

Can you believe it? Friday is "Cards by Traci Day!"

Hi Everyone~

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Today is Friday, and "Cards by Traci" day.  Can you believe that I did not get one new card done this week?  I made copies of several of my cards.  However, not one new card...YET! 

I plan on spending the day making NEW cards.  So, please stop back in tomorrow...and see what I have come up with!  Have a beautiful and blessed day!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Matthew 25:35-40 states:
" For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,  I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

If you are making any cards, bookmarks, or tags this week, please remember that I am collecting card sets, and individual cards to raise money to hold the American Cancer Society's Re-Lay for Life event here in Orlando, Florida in April.  My first opportunity to sell cards is the 2nd week in December!  Please send them out to me as soon as you can.  They can be any type of card.  Preferably blank or lined on the inside.  Every cent will be going to help people with ANY type of cancer.  My parents are both cancer survivors, so this is VERY important to me.  If you want more details,including my mailing address, please read the section below!  Thank you so much for any help you can give!

Here is the complete information:
Help Wanted!!!  I am reaching out to fellow card makers to help me with a fundraising project for the American Cancer Society.


     My Mother is the Chair for the American Cancer Society's Re-lay for Life! It is held this coming April. She is in charge of the Orlando relay (East Orange County.) It is one of their largest fundraisers. It a beautiful event. This is a 24 hour event. It is held to help people with any type of cancer...and they also promote awareness.
    The first lap they have the Survivors...which includes both of my parents walk. Then they have everyone walk a lap. The lap is a mile. There must be someone on the track at all times! This is being held on a high school's track...which has a special component in it. The track absorbs the impact of each step. That is very cool! I used to run a lot!
     My Mother has met with the different clubs of this high school and the kids are participating by sleeping over...and walking when there is a spot without someone walking...perhaps at 2:18 in the morning!
     My mother was assigned an area of 2 miles where she can go to businesses and ask for donations. Sadly, her area has about 5 businesses only. A Dollar Store, a pawn shop and I don't know the others. She needs to raise money for tents...12, I believe, tables, food, water, Gatorade, tablecloths and more. Every thing that they need for that day...they need to raise money to buy the items. The American Society does not provide them.
     I offered one fundraising idea of making baskets with cards, note cards, envelopes, pen, stamps...and sell them. She would rather...and I have accepted ...that I sell sets of stamped cards. I am putting 10 cards in a set,
with envelopes, and tying them together with ribbon. I have 2 opportunities to sell the cards...One is the end of the 2nd week in December! The other is at the event in April. I need to have 50 sets of cards by the 2nd of December. I need another 100 sets by mid-March. I sat down and started making cards...there is no way I can make those cards on my own! What was I thinking?!!
     I NEED HELP, quickly! So, I am asking friends, and some of the other stamp blogs that I love, and you-- to please donate as many cards as you can. Every cent raised will benefit the American Cancer Society. The sets can be made of the same card, or an assortment. If you were to send individual cards, I may put them with other similar cards from someone else. I am asking you, if there is anyway you and your friends could please help out! I would love the help! I thank you for even considering to help.
     Stopping cancer is close to my heart. Please let me know what you think. And, just to be clear, these cards are not for the He IS Able blog. They are all for a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I do however, believe, that He-- IS able to stir your hearts to help out. Send a set of cards, tags, or bookmarks. Send 2 sets. Send 2 cards. Anything is helpful!
     If you have any questions, please email me. Thank you so much!  It is for a great cause.

Remember,
He IS Able,
Traci S.


Please mail cards in a plastic bag, to prevent them from getting wet, and in individual cello bags or clear envelopes if possible, and send them to:
                                                Traci Starkweather
116 Colyer Drive
Longwood, FL 32779
email: Tstarkweather@cfl.rr.com
Please email me when you send the package via mail or UPS or Fed-ex, so I will keep an eye out for them. Thank you so much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!