Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Card of the Week Winner/ Does Being Joyful Please God?

Hi Everyone~

I hope everyone had a chance to visit the blogs that I chose to pass on the award to...they were all so unique and their blogs are so different! I hope you left them some He IS Able blog love.  And, I thank you for your beautiful comments.  I love to read them!  It is nice knowing someone is out there, you know what I mean?  I recently purchased a book with the title,
The Joy of the Lord is My Strength by Summerside Press.  I love it.  It is a celebration of Joy, and I want to share many of them with you today.

Pass it on:  "Let us keep the joy of loving Jesus in our hearts.  And, let's share that joy with everyone we meet.  Passing on joy is something which is very natural.  We have no reason for not being joyful, since Christ is with us.  Christ is in our hearts."  ~Mother Teresa

We have been sharing about ways to please God.  How to make Him smile.
This post is going to be covered with quotes and Scriptures for you to add to your collection of "JOY."  I hope you will read this, and then come back and really concentrate on what that piece is really sharing with you, what is it really trying to say?  

Joy and Harmony:  "Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth.   Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing." Psalm 100:1-2

The Scriptures concentrate on many different areas of your life where you could easily find joy! When you are done concentrating on the quotes and Scriptures, how about taking a  look at your life, and see if you please Him in  each of these ways?  You may want to add one or two things to your and your children's lives!
The Winner of the "Card of the Week" Random Drawing is...
Deb Saaranen of Dream in Color!

Congratulations, Deb!  Wow!  You have several reasons of added joy in your life this week!  You were one of the recipients of the award, and now you have won the wonderful card on the side bar made and donated by Monica!  Thank you Monica!

Now, Deb, don't be surprised if many of our guests visit you at your blog, Dream in Color.  Deb makes the most beautiful cards, and wonderful gifts and home decor items...and just everything!  She especially makes a fabulous friend!  You probably know that your comment as well as everyone else's were put together and yours was randomly drawn.  Deb, you have until Tuesday 8pm to send me your mailing address to me via my email on the side bar to receive this card, envelope and postage.  It is all set for you to use any way you want, we hope you will use it to share about your Love for the Lord, or His love for you, or perhaps you want to share a special Scripture with the person who will ultimately receive this card.  However, if I do not hear from you by Tuesday at 8pm, I will put the card back into the He IS Able blog stash for another day. It is up to you to come back and contact me!

Here is Deb's comment:
Blogger Congratulations to jcb! What a precious and fun blog candy package to win!

Thanks so much to the Lord and to Traci for her dedication to the first six months of this blog! What a blessing it and she is!
January 16, 2011   1:13 PM

Deb, thank you so very much for your beautiful and loving comment. I really appreciate all of the support you give the He IS Able blog, by donating cards you make, and by posting about us, and by leaving a link to this blog on your blog.  That is so sweet and supportive.  And, yes, you were randomly chosen, so don't worry! (And, I am sure jcb will enjoy her goody bag!)

In Praise:  "May your life become one of glad and unending praise to the Lord as you journey through this world!"  ~Teresa of Avila

We will be having another "Card of the Week" drawing next week.  A friend made this wonderful and "springy" card that will be given away!  Beautiful!  You can be randomly chosen to receive this card.  All you need to do is leave a comment between now and Tuesday at 8pm.  If your comment is randomly chosen...you will receive this card in the mail, after you email me!

Friendship:  "A friend loveth at all times." 
Proverbs 17:17

Unfortunately, due to my postage budget I can only mail cards to US addresses.  I really appreciate all of you from other countries! I can send the card if you send a SASE.  I pray that the day will come that we will one day be able to send cards all around the world.  Perhaps you would like to have it sent to a friend who lives in the States...I will gladly send your message in it!  Or, I could send it to one of the charities I work with.  Just let me know your decision!

A Friend's Love:  "Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

We will be talking about love a lot in February.  If you have a favorite Scripture about love and would like to share it...please email it to me.  Or, if you have a time in mind that you know you received His love...that would be wonderful to share also!  Or, you could tell how you show your love to Jesus, the Christ.  We would love to hear it.  Tell how you teach your children to show their love for Jesus.  Your sharing could help someone. 

Please remember, you can send this in Honor of Someone, in Memory of Someone, or just to share it!  You can do it...here is how:  Share from the heart...write a poem, or write why you LOVE a Scripture, don't worry about spelling for your draft,  or the length of your writing.  Share with your Sisters.  That's how easy it is.  Glorify the Lord!  I hope you will step out boldly and share...even if it is only 2 lines long!

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.  I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better."  Ephesians 1:16-7

He IS Able,
Traci S.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much to Monica and Traci for the "Card of the Week"! I'm so pleased to be randomly chosen to receive it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!