Friday, April 1, 2011

Father of All and Our Contest Continues...

Hi Friends!

Happy Friday and thank you for being here!  The terrible storms and tornadoes have ended here in Central Florida...and the sun is shining!  Thank you to those of you who prayed for us.  As far as I know, there were no fatalities.  Many people are without power in Tampa where a tornado touched down. We lost a few branches, and other than that, we are well.

In just a few hours it will be the beginning of the weekend! What do you have planned?  Errands to run?  Cards to make?  I am working on my Easter cards.  I told you on Wednesday that I would share my cards with you today.  Well, I can not get them out of the camera!  I have done this probably 100 times at least...and for some reason, they will not come out!  In the camera are also all of our photos with family at Sea World!  I will ask my computer-guru husband, to please give it a try tonight.  If he can get them out of there...I will make a special post of them tomorrow.

I would like to ask you to look on the side bar, and read about our newest contest.  I have come up with many wonderful words...mostly Biblical...but I just can't find a word to go with them...except "Daughters" over and over again.  And, if we have some of our male guests join our Prayer Team, "Daughters" won't work! (And, I hope they will join us.) I would like to share some of the words with you...feel free to use them in your contest entries. It does not guarantee a win however! The prize is beautiful and meaningful, and I am sure that whoever the winner is...will treasured  it.

OK--in no certain order, here are some of the words I thought of:

Joyful--Ladies--Delighted--Strength--Sharing--Rejoice--Integrity--Blessing--Trust--Love--Triumph--Faithful--Fruitful--Encourage--Helper--Share--Righteous--Faith--Hope--Praise--Thankful--Thanksgiving--Jesus--Great Commission--Friends--Bloom--Circle--Adore--Promise--Sisters-Inspire-Heart

Remember, we are looking for a name to describe the group of people who are a part of the He IS Able blog team.  What is the first word you think of?  I looked through the Bible and just pulled out words that seemed to be part of a pssible Team Name for us...but you may see things from a different perspective. Please put any ideas you may have in the comment section.  Enter as many names and as many times as you would like.  I just thought I would share my list, because I couldn't get them to be a complete Team name. 

We are still looking for people who could donate 15 minutes of time a day or more...or even 10 to join our Prayer Team.  We have many things to pray for...and we want to pray for each of your requests, also.  If you have 10 minutes to share...or an hour a week, or any amount of time to donate...Joan, our Prayer Team Leader, will share a prayer list with you, and you let her know, how many requests you can commit to.  Prayer is so important in our lives, and it is so important to Him.  Remember when we were reading about Pleasing God?  Almost all of the entries had something about us communicating with Him.  Join us as we Serve Him in this way!  Just email me!  You can try it, and if it isn't the right thing for you, you just let us know.  No Pressure!!!  We promise.

Today I was looking through the book, Whispers of Promise by Barbour Publishing. It is a book of "Daily Encouragement for Women." I found a beautiful piece I wanted to share with you.  Here it is:

Father of All
It is right and good that we, for
all thing, at all times, and in all
places, give thanks and praise to
You, O God.  We worship You,
 we confess to You, we praise You,
 we bless You, we sing to You,
and we give thanks to You:  Maker,
 Nourisher, Guardian, Healer,
 Lord, and Father of All.
                                                       ~Anonymous

Just think, if we accomplished everything in this poem this weekend, our weekend would be filled with wonderful and beautiful things to think on. Think about it.  Do you see anything you would like to add to your list?

"Whatsoever things
are true,
whatsoever things
are honest...
whatsoever things
are pure,
whatsoever things
are lovely...
think on these things."
~Philippians 4:8

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by the He IS Able blog this week.  We really appreciate knowing you have been here.  We are so happy to give cards away to share the love of our Lord, Christ Jesus.  (Just leave a comment before Tuesday 8pm, and if you are randomly chosen, you will be announced on Wednesday!)  We hope that if you are encouraged here, or feel part of the community, that you would sign up as a Follower, if you haven't already.

Also, if you would like to share an Easter memory, or any memory about your love for our Lord or His for You...just email it to me, and it will be posted.  Wouldn't it be nice to do it in honor or someone?  Or possibly in memory of someone?  You could even do it anonymously, if you choose.  We would love to hear about your special Easter Memories. 

Have a blessed weekend! 

He IS Able,
Traci (S.) Starkweather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!