Monday, July 4, 2011

Praying You Have a Happy Independence Day...or just a Happy Day!

To Our American Friends,  we wish you a very happy and safe Independence Day!

And, To All of Our Many Other Friends Around the World, we wish you a very happy and safe day!

I apologize there will be no post for at least today.  I am extremely ill, and can barely even sit up on my own.  I am not worried.  My Lord Heals!  He knows my needs!  He knows that a fever, congested lungs, and exhaustion worst than ever before is not one of my desires.  If I am able to sit up long enough to post a blog, I will be here on Wednesday for the "He IS Able Card of the Week Drawing!"

If I do not feel well enough to post on Wednesday...I will post on the first day I can...and we will have DOUBLE CARD OF THE WEEK WINNERS!  That means 2 names will be drawn from anyone who leaves comments on any subject before 8pm on Tuesday!  I will add one extra name for each day after Wednesday that I have not returned.  But, I sure pray I will be better by Wednesday!

I'm OK.  I am just the worst off--sickness wise, I have ever been.  I have been sleeping about 20 hours a day...which Dave tells me is good. I'm glad he was here to make me sugar-free jello, and meatballs, and get my bottled water for me, and kiss my forehead. I am drinking PLENTY of fluids.  Can't read though...my eyes look like they are looking through jello! (I haven't had THAT much of it!)  Dave is really a wonderful man.  I love him so very much.

Praying everyone has a safe holiday...or regular day...which ever it is for you!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

8 comments:

  1. Praying for you my friend! Know you are loved and your right, God knows this is not the desire of your heart. Many hugs to you and Glad Dave is helping you! HUGS!! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, I'm praying for you! I'm so sorry you have been so sick and I'm believing in God's healing touch on you. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Bad Things Happen
    Tough times can be God's way of shaking me free from the false gods and worldly ways that I'm hanging on to. He's rattling me for my own good, so that I'll be left with the unshakeable—God, the beginning and end of my life.
    — from Blessed are the Bored in Spirit

    This quote is exactly what I needed today! Hope that it gives you something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning I was reading from, His Princess Warrior, "Love Letters For Strength From Your Lord" by Sheri rose Shepherd. Her devotionals are awesome and I have received so much from them. The one I read today is titled, "Beautifully Broken". My Beautiful Warrior, what you may see as broken inside yourself, I see as beautiful. I am the One who makes beautiful things out of broken hearts. I am the same God who took a brokenhearted orphan named Esther and turned her into a queen who saved My people. Just as I used Esther's pain for My purpose, I will not waste a single tear you have shed, My love, I can and will use whatever is broken in your life for My glory. My love and mercy will shine brightest in those broken places. I will not only use what is broken, I will rebuild you to become even better and more beautiful than you could ever imagine. Love, Your King who sees your true beauty.

    I know this is long but it really spoke to my heart and I hope it speaks to yours. Blessings~ Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family has a prayer request. My Mother-in-law, Lucille Kraft, has just been told that they will no longer be giving her chemo as it isn't doing anything towards her cancer. We don't know how much time she has as she and Rod's siblings didn't want to know. At this time we won't be calling Hospice in, if we do the doctors won't drain fluid that is needed at this time to help ease her pain. She is saved, but my husband's many family members were raised in a Christian home but are NOT following the Lord now, especially the immediate family. Thank you for your prayers. We continue to stand and ask for God's healing in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Lucille and her family. May God send comfort and peace to all!

    Asking God to tend to all of Traci's needs.

    May He hold everyone who reads this and their loved ones in his tender loving arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for each of the above requests, also praying for the ones that are not listed.

    Prayer with petition and thanksgiving means we ask God in both general and specific terms with a heart of gratitude for what He has already done. For example, we ask God in general to help us serve Him today, while petitioning Him regarding a specific task at hand with gratitude for the opportunity. We pray to God in general that we may be witnesses for Him while petitioning Him concerning particular individuals with thankfulness for the opportunities to proclaim the gospel to others. We ask God in general that we might be more godly in our treatment of others while petitioning Him specifically about being gracious to a particularly irritating person and being thankful that we are more like Christ today than last year.

    Michele G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traci I'm sorry you've been so sick, am glad to read you're somewhat on the mend. Will pray for a complete recovery and for the other prayer request in this comment section. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!