Friday, September 16, 2011

Hi Friends~


Today is September 16th...and it is the third Friday of the month!  That means it is Michele's turn to share another edition of "Precious Women of God--This Includes YOU!" 


I know you have been looking forward to reading her post...so here it is-Enjoy!


For this month, I had asked Traci if she would give me someone to write about and she picked Mary Magdalene.  Traci was kind enough to send me information from her reference page from her Bible, thanks Traci!  (You are most welcome, my Friend!)

Precious Women of God--This Includes YOU!
Mary Magdalene


Mary of Magdala is described as an early follower of Jesus.  Jesus treated the women with dignity and did not treat them the way the culture treated them.  This in my opinion definitely speaks to what Jesus thinks of His female children. 

When Mary of Magdala first met Jesus He had casted out of her seven demons, it states in Mark 16:9.

When I read this I think it definitely does not matter where you were in your life or what you had done in your life, once you meet Jesus He changes you.  He will change the course of your life, He will deliver on every promise He has made to us in the Word of God.  So for anyone reading this, your past does not matter – there is no sin too great or any situation that can keep you separated from God.  He just wants to bring you into His Kingdom and show you His great love.  All you need to do is ask Him into your heart, thank Him for His love and forgiveness, acknowledge your sins and repent for them and ask Him to lead you and guide you in your life.  It all starts with a prayer and reading God’s word and learning about Him.  Christ wants nothing more than to set you free from any bondage you may be experiencing – it’s just a prayer and a relationship away!  So simple yet so powerful.

At the time of the crucifixion and resurrection Mary is mentioned in the gospels.  She was identified by name as a witness to three key events:  Jesus’ crucifixion, His burial and the discovery of His tomb to be empty.  Mary witnessed all of these events and it was not by mistake that she witnessed them all, it was her great love for Jesus and her understanding that He was God’s son and her obedience to Him. 

I think of what it must have been like to witness these things first hand.  I could only imagine what it would have been like to see my Savior mocked, hit, hurt, taunted arms spread and beaten to death.  The One who came to save me, the One who was Holy and pure the One I follow-- tortured and He did it all for me and for you.  But if Jesus, had to do it for just one of us He would.  What an amazing Love, what an amazing God and Savior.  But to witness it makes me think of her pain and grief she must have felt that day. 

Mary did not just leave the scene either, she stayed for His burial through her own pain she stayed – she followed Him to the end of his earthly days.  Then Mary plans to go to the tomb to anoint Jesus’ body with perfume and still showing great love for Him – I can only imagine still what Joy her heart felt to see that Jesus’ tomb was empty.  I am sure she may have been curious as what happened to His body, but could you imagine the absolute pure joy of seeing Him and also being the first to know this miraculous story? She witnessed the whole event first hand and God entrusted this woman to be the first to hear.  Especially during this time in history when women were not considered credible witnesses in legal proceedings and did not have a say in anything. 


In John 20:1-16 the Bible speaks about Mary Magdalene in describing who discovered the tomb to be empty.  Also in Mark 16:9 says that Jesus’ first post-resurrection appearance was to Mary Magdalene alone. 


In Luke 24 the Resurrection is announced to the women at the tomb by “two men in clothes that gleamed like lightening” who suddenly appeared next to them.  I still think of the Joy and the awestruck feeling this could have caused. 

Some comments from the Bible reference guide:
**Those who are obedient grow in understanding.
**Women are vital to Jesus’ ministry.
**Jesus relates to women as He created them – as an equal reflector of God’s image.
**Mary’s faith was not complicated, but it was direct and genuine.  She was more eager to believe and obey than to understand everything. 


If you are involved in a ministry for Christ, I would love to hear about it -  it really would encourage me to hear how you ladies serve Christ.   If you could take a moment and post it in the comment section it would be greatly appreciated.


For every person who sees this blog and reads any of it's posts, know that you are LOVED today by the Great Almighty God.  I had pulled the below Bible Verses for our youth group who are struggling with some things and wanted to remind them about what God wants for them.


Zephaniah 3:17  "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to Save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."


Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies."
 
Psalm 36:7  "How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low men find refuge in the shadow of your wings."


Psalm 52:8  "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever."


Psalm 86:15  "But You, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."


Psalm 136:26  "Give thanks to the God of Heaven. His love endures forever."


Isaiah 41:10  "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


Isaiah 41:13  "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."


Psalm 56:3-4  "When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?"


1 Corinthians 16:13   "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."


Blessings,
Michele

_________________________________

Michele, thank you for writing such an exciting post!  I can "hear" your excitement as I read the sections when you tell our guests of just how much Jesus the Christ loves them!  Thank you for putting so much of yourself in this post...and for sharing so many Scriptures.  As I was reading them I was thinking, "Oh, that is one of my favorites!  Oh, this one is a favorite, too!"  It made me realize that by reading His Word daily, and by using Scripture on cards, and having them posted around my art room.  I really am beginning to memorize some of them!  (A thing I never thought my mind was capable of doing.)  So, if any of you have difficulty memorizing Scripture, and have an area of your own...how about writing out a few Scriptures and posting them around your room?  Or on post-it notes and putting them near the light switch...and when you go to use it..you read it first?  Believe me, it works.  The children, if there are any, will benefit if you say it as you read it, also.  Or, invite them to participate!  We are to store His Word up in our heart.

Before you go, please let me share a prayer from a local church who sent out this prayer in a coupon mailer!  Now, that is taking Him to the people!

"Lord Jesus, thank You for dying on the cross for my sins.  Forgive me for all my sins.  I open the door of my heart to You and receive You now as my Savior and Lord.  Please give me eternal life.  I recognize that the blood You shed on the cross was the full payment for my sins.  I acknowledge You as the risen Savior and Son of God.  Take control of the throne of my life, help me to follow You and obey Your Word.  Amen."

If you believe in your heart, what you just prayed...then please let us know in the comment section...and "Welcome to the Family!" 


And, thank you Joan, for your continued prayers for everyone who visits this blog, and who the Lord may bring...especially when you are having sucha  great amount of pain in your knees.  Prayers for you, also!  If you have 10 minutes a day to pray for others, please let us know, and we will welcome you to our Prayer Team!

Thank you all so much for being here!  Art projects on Monday!  God bless!


He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

1 comment:

  1. Michele- As I read the post I thought of my mother. She was quick to remind us that women are the backbone of Christianity. Her idea was that God sent His Son to earth as all humans are born. Mary Magdalene is a great example of this. She such an eager listener and follower of Jesus. I pray that we all are as enthralled to hear of Jesus' teachings and to follow Him. And YES, Jesus loves us no matter where we have been, what we have or have not done. As Christians we are very fortunate to know of God's everlasting undying love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!