Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Winner of the He IS Able Card of the Week...and a Devotion titled, "You Know"

Happy Wednesday, Friends~


I hope that you are all well on this day...and that you have spent some "one on one" time with our Lord, Jesus Christ.  If you haven't looked at the comment section in the last couple of days, you may want to do so.  There are some urgent prayer requests...and we would love to have you pray along side with us.


Some of you have written me over the past 4 or 5 days, and I have not answered yet.  I do apologize.  I am in severe pain, and haven't turned my computer on for a few days.  I will get back to all of you as soon as my hands and headache will allow.  Thank you for your emails and comments.  You are a precious part of this blog! And, I am blessed by each of you being in my life!

Today we will announce the winner of the "He IS Able Card of the Week!" I will also share a short Devotion that was published by Bethany House and the book is titled, Quiet Moments in the Presence of God.  I will be printing the Devotion word for word.  I hope you will enjoy it, and have amazing thoughts of Truth come to your mind, also.


You Know

 
"I know the One I have faith in, and I am sure that He can guard until the last day what He has trusted me with."
(2 Timothy 1:12)

 
The World, in all its varied and lavish beauty, says that God loves you.  Your own life, with its possibilities and blessings, indicates the source of great love you are given.  The story of God coming to earth in Jesus Christ paints a conclusive picture of God's love.

 
Jesus sat on the edge of a well one day and talked to a woman about the gift of God's love for her.  She didn't understand at first, but after a while she came to know that it was God who loved her.  "If you only knew," Jesus had said.  Now, beyond doubt or speculation, she knew.

 
God gives conclusive evidence of His love for you.  It is all around you everywhere.

If you only knew the gift God  has for you you who I am, you would ask me, and I would giver you living water."  (John 4:10 NIV)

_____________________________


 
Let's take the beginning of this Devotion apart:

1.  "The world, in all its varied and lavish beauty, says that God loves you."
Did you picture anything in your mind?  The mountains... green and cool?  The ocean...so deep and colorful?  The cry of a new born baby? 

 
2.  "Your own life, with its possibilities and blessings, indicates the source of great love you are given." 

What did you picture in your mind for this statement?  Did you think of blessings He has bestowed upon you?  Did you wonder if you were following His path for you life?  The more complete, more fulfilling path for your life? 

 
3.  "The story of God coming to earth in Jesus Christ paints a conclusive picture of God's love." 
Did you take this literally, and think of a painted masterpiece like Ruben's work?  Or, did you think of the little Babe that came to earth for a very specific reason?  How did this make you think of His love?


Did you think of any of these things...or did you come up with a different thought?  There are no right or wrong answers...just your own answers.  He gave us imaginations, and minds to think critically, and all of our senses!  Will you please share one (or more) of your answers to these thought provoking parts of this Devotion in the comment section? Or you could email it to me, and I will share it on Friday's post. Either way would be a blessing to us!

Why do I ask this type of thing from you, when other blogs don't?  I do it to get to know you better.  I ask to learn from your answers.  I ask because it shares an awareness we may not have thought of on our own, and you share it with me as well as the readers of this blog.  It is encouraging others.  That is why I ask you questions sometimes.  I care, and am curious.

___________________

Now, The Winner of the "He IS Able Card of the Week Give Away!"

It is so simple to be entered to win the gorgeous card on the side of the blog!  Just leave a comment, a prayer, a thought, a question, anything you want in the comment section before 8pm EST on Tuesday! A comment will be randomly chosen to win the card, an extra envelope and postage for here in the US.  Easy!  If you share an answer to the above questions...that counts, also!  And, you can win week after week after week....there is no maximum number of times winning!  We want to share the cards that we make and that people have made and donated...so that you may share the love Jesus has for His children with your friends, co-workers or family!  It's that easy!

 
The Winner of this week's "He IS Able Card of the Week Give Away is...
SeaMom!!!!  Congratulations, SeaMom!  Your card will be going out to you tomorrow morning!

 
Here is SeaMom's comment:
"I love each of the 3 cards you posted here, and I think you are very clever in the way you created the mirror image of the bird. Also that I think the 2 cards I have received from last week's drawing are wonderful. THANK YOU!" seamom  By Anonymous on Praise Him! And There Are Some Cards by Traci, to... on 9/25/11

___________________________

 
A few Scriptures to remind you of His love for you...there are so many other Verses also! 

 
"IF we are faithless, He remains faithful.  He cannot deny Himself."
(2 Timothy 2:13 NKJV)

 
"Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you.  I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10 NKJV)

 
"But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God."
(Matthew 4:4 NKJV)

 
 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."  (Matthew 6:34 NKJV)

  ________________________

Thank you so much for being here today, and being a part of the He IS Able blog!  You do that by praying that we continue to glorify God in each post,  leaving a comment, emailing your Testimony or one of your Favorite Scriptures and why--so that I may share it on a blog post...or sharing this blog with your friends and family!  God Bless!

 
He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I am thinking about you Traci! Praying for healing and strength for all who are in need. Asking God to be there in your time of need. I feel so very blessed to know that God is always there for me no matter what! I have a friend in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of the God who loves me, I see Jesus as He is in that familiar painting with the children. I am the one sitting on His knee.


    Blessings,
    seamom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers, jcb! I really appreciate all of your time and effort and that big heart of yours!

    I had an extended prayer time today. Cathy, you and your family are just covered in prayer. Please keep us posted. Praying for everyone who has left requests...and for God to lead people to this blog to learn about Him...to be encouraged to share about our lives and love for and with Him, and to make sure that this blog always Glorifies Him! And, I pray for Joan and Michele who give so much of their time and love to this effort, and each of us!

    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Act of Praise

    Prayer is sitting in the silence until it silences us, choosing gratitude until we are grateful, and praising God until we ourselves are an act of praise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!