Friday, November 18, 2011

A Challenge of "Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks!"

Hi Friends~

We have a treat Today!  Michele has written the post...and she has made and donated the two He IS Able Cards of the Week to be given away!
As I stated on Wednesday, Michele had emailed me a photo of them, and I have still not been able to get them from my email to this blog!  However, know that they are wonderful seasonal cards.  The person who receives these cards will surely be blessed, and we hope you will use them to bless others by telling others of Jesus the Christ.  I added a section after her post, so it is rather lengthy...but I do believe it is worth it...so please read along.  Take a break if you need to after you read Michele's section.


By the way, MARILYN and ANONYMOUS...you have won card sets.  (Your comments were posted on recent blogs, if you want to know that Anonymous is your "anonymous!"  Please email me before 8pm Tuesday with your mailing address, of they will go back into our stash of cards!

Here is my email:   tracistarkweather@gmail.com

_____________________________

 
Here is Michele's post for today:

Hello all,

This month I have had some struggles and my friend Traci gave me a great idea and I hope you all find this post relevant and of use to you.  I am skipping a month from the Women of the Bible (Women of God--This Includes You!) and am posting on “Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks.”  This time of year really seems to motivate people to think of others and to also give thanks for all of the blessings that God has bestowed upon us. 


Giving thanks is something I strive for throughout the year, and I hope you do as well.  When we take the time to give thanks or to say thank you for blessings large and small it is a great reminder to us for what God has given to us and most importantly the gift of Salvation that He has given to us.  This is truly something to be thankful for – so in those lines of thinking I pulled some Bible Verses on thankfulness!


1 Chronicles 16:8 - Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples.


1 Chronicles 16:34 -O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His loving kindness is everlasting.


Psalm 28:7 -The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.

Psalm 34:1- I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.


Psalm 69:30- I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving.


Psalm 95:1-6 – O Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our Salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with Psalms. For the LORD is a great God, And a great King above all gods, In whose hand are the depths of the earth; The peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; And His hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

Psalm 100:4- Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.


Psalm 107:29-32 - He caused the storm to be still, So that the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad because they were quiet; So He guided them to their desired haven. Let them give thanks to the LORD for His loving kindness, And for His wonders to the sons of men! Let them extol Him also in the congregation of the people,  And praise Him at the seat of the elders.


Jonah 2:9- But I will sacrifice to You With the voice of thanksgiving  That which I have vowed I will pay Salvation is from the LORD.


Ephesians 5:3-4- But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.


Colossians 2:6-7- Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.


Colossians 3:15- And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 -in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


1 Timothy 4:4-5 - For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the Word of God and prayer.


Hebrews 12:28-29 Therefore, since we receive a Kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.


As you can see there are many times that giving thanks to God is mentioned in His precious Word. (There are other references as well, these are not all of them.  Please take a look in your own Bible.)  I will be challenging the youth that I work with to write down what they are thankful for and to process all of what is given.  They will reflect on God’s Word and see what He states in His Word, because that is where we find the answers and more promises and the more things we learn of God, the closer relationship we will have with Him!  What an honor and blessing for each of us!



I am thankful for all the things God has given to me, I am thankful for all of you who have found this blog and take time to read the posts, read Bible Verses, say prayers for others and yourselves and thankful that Christians have come together as God’s Word states to spread The Good News! 


Have a blessed day!
Love in Christ.
Michele G.

_______________________________

(Break Time if You Need It)

Thank you so much, Michele, for writing such a Scripture filled post!  I loved reading them over. They are beautiful.  You know that I love when we have "Praise Days" here on the blog, right?  When those who want, write anything they are thankful to Him for, in the comment section.  I am always encouraged when I see all of His love at work! 

 
I have 2 ideas for today.  First of all, you know you can write any thoughts you would like in the comment section, at any time, right?  It could be  about the post, a prayer, a question, about something you would like for us to study and write about, a prayer request, an experience you would like to share...and some times I share ideas for the comments.  Something to encourage you to share...which in turn encourages us! 

 
 I was thinking why don't we list those things in our life that we are thankful for, or choose one of the above Scriptures about thanksgiving as your favorite and post it in the comment section, and try to memorize it?!  Remember, anyone who leaves any comment before Tuesday at 8pm will be eligible to win Michele's set of really great cards! 

 
I'd like for us to do this...share the things we are thankful for...and favorite Scriptures through Thanksgiving Day!  (For our International Guests, that is through next Thursday.)  Pop in and share any time you think of something.  You can post more than once.  Our comment section will be such an item of Praise to the Lord!  Please join me...why not choose a Scripture now? Copy and paste it in the comment section!  May God bless you, and thank you for being here and for encouraging others through the comment section!

 
He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather 

3 comments:

  1. Michele, I couldn't just pick one favorite of the Scriptures you listed on thanks giving. I chose these:

    1 Chronicles 16:34 -O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His loving kindness is everlasting.

    (I loved this because it reminds me that His love is forever and ever.)
    ----------------------------------------

    Psalm 28:7 -The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.

    (I loved this Scripture because He truly is my strength and shield. I would not be here now if it were not for His helping me in bad situations.)
    ---------------------------------------

    Psalm 34:1- I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

    (I love this Scripture...because it is so true! The minute I wake up I start singing this song...not a real one, and not on key...thanking Him for the day, and for His Word, and then I start listing the people and things I am grateful for in my life...and then I pray for others...still in this unknown tune.)

    He IS Able!
    Traci

    p.s. I went a big overboard in my comment. You don't have to write anything up...but feel free to share as often and as much as you'd like from now through Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that God's grace has not barriers ... this week I taught at our Women's Bible Study on Rahab -- God's grace was amazing in her life and is amazing in ours. Praise to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very thankful for the gift of being able to write this blog. I am thankful for the lovely people who come and visit the blog, and pray for each other's needs.

    I love that we are able to talk to our Lord anytime we want, about anything! I love that we have a Bible to teach and guide us, and to share about Jesus. I love that my eyes were opened to the Truth, and that I can feel His working in my life.

    Just a few of the many things...I'm going to list some things each day through Thanksgiving Day. Feel free to join me...

    He IS Able!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!