Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"My All in All" (Part 2).

Hi Friends~
If you weren't here on Monday you may not know that I am in Texas celebrating with my son who is graduating from the Air Force Basic Military Training!  So, Monday started the 1st part of this series... "My All in All" by Robert J. Morgan.  Please go back to Monday's post and read the set up for this beautiful book.  It will continue for a couple of days at least.  I also explained about the He IS Able Card Sets Give-Away on Monday--please read it.
OK—Here is the Introduction.  It is all typed in direct quotes.
"He is all in all to me,
And my song of songs shall be,
Hallelujah, O My Savior,
I am trusting only Thee."
~Fanny Crosby

“Daily Assurance of God’s Grace…My All in All”

INTRODUCTION

One evening several years ago when troubled about a particular matter, I sat at the dining room table and picked up my Bible. I turned to a little book near the back and read through 1 Peter, thinking the old fisherman might have an encouraging word for me. When I got to the last chapter, I came across Verse 7: “casting all your care upon Him, because He cares about you.” It was a Verse I knew well, indeed had memorized it; but now I saw something I’d never seen before. It said: “casting ALL your care upon Him.”

The Divine Author could easily have omitted the word allwithout hindering the flow or force of the text: casting your care upon Him. But the Lord deliberately dropped that little all into the sentence like a pearl in the pathway, and I had overlooked it for years.

But what a word! The “all” indicated this was anall-inclusive promise. Nothing is excluded from the invitation. No problem is too small for His notice, none to large for His power. He’s concerned about each and every problem I have or would ever have, public or personal, large or little. He can handle them, and I should give them all to Him in total trust.

Then a thought came to me. I wondered if there were other “alls” in the Bible that I’d missed. Continuing my reading, I noticed three Verses later that God is the “God of all grace.” Four Verses later: “Peace to allof you.” Three Verses down the column, in 2 Peter 1:3, I read, “His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through knowledge of Him who called us.” (NKJV)
_________________________


I'm going to stop quoting the book for today.  I have a challenge for you.  The next post will start off with many Scripture containing the word "all" in it.  So, I am challenging you to write your favorite Verse that contains the word "All" in it in the comment section.  Have a great day!  God Bless!
He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!