Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Winner Announced! Info on a Blog Hop! And a Card by Traci!

Hi Friends~

I have some exciting news to share right away.  You may have heard about it.  There will be a blog hop along with Stampin Sisters In Christ starting February 9th  through the 13th, there will be great projects and many prizes along the way.  You may copy the design below and share it on your blog.

 

___________________________

I want to share a card I sent out early this week.  It is a sympathy card.  I like how it came out, until I started distressing it.  Here's a guideline:  ALWAYS add the distress ink to the edges of the paper...BEFORE attaching it to the card!  LOL! I'll get back to this in a moment or two.  LOL!





This is the cover of the card.  A friend sent me the Spellbinder's cut piece of vanilla paper.  I just LOVE this Spellbinder's shape.  I just wish I knew which one it is. I'd love to buy it.  I have looked at so many websites and can't find it anywhere! If you know the name of it, please let me know.  Then I attached a piece of my favorite lace ribbon to the vanilla piece.  The ribbon has some beautiful sparkle to it...in a gentle way--not too heavy.  I wish I had the spool it came on, so that I could get more.  Sorry.


The Scripture is stamped in SEI ink.  It is called rose petal.  I love their 1" stamp pads, and the colors are exquisite!  The Scripture is a stamp from the Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) set called Scripture Collection 3.  There are seven assorted Scriptures in this one set!  I used one of my favorite Scriptures on the card.  


"Be Strong and Courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged.
For the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:9)

I added two Champagne Rose colored Prima flowers to the front.  And then dabbed the center of the roses with the SEI ink.  Usually, roses are darker in the center.  It was at this point that I decided that the beautiful pink dp paper should be distressed around the edges with the SEI ink.  To bring the darker color out a bit.  THIS WAS A MISTAKE I WON'T MAKE AGAIN!  LOL!  It is very difficult to use a pad of ink and mark up the inside edge while they are attached to the base!  Maybe it is a skill I have yet to acquire?  I don't think so.  I think I will just think things out a bit more before gluing them down...and do my distressing in this style before hand.  I ended up with ink on the ivory paper.  But, it was the best I could do, and I wanted to get this  card out right away.




This is the inside of the card.  The image of the praying hands, and the Scripture are stamps from the Our Daily Bread Designs.  This set is called "Lift Up Our Hands."  It has the praying hands and four Scriptures.


"Let us lift up our hearts
and our hands
to God
in Heaven..."
(Lam. 3:41)


I chose this Scripture for the inside.  I added another Prima rose and a row of medium sized pearls by Hero Arts across the top.  They were a great price.  I used the left inside panel to write my personal thoughts.  I think I like this card.

_____________________________


And, now we should announce the
Winner of the He IS Able Blog Card Set of the Week!


Congratulations go to...  Chrissy D. 


Here is her comment:
Praying a special blessing for you and your family!
By Chrissy D on on 2/2/12


Chrissy, you have won a set of 3 Cards/Envelopes! 


Please email me at tracistarkweather@gmail.com to let me know that you saw this announcement and you would like to receive the cards.  Please include a snail mail address, so I can mail them out to you. Our Mission Statement is: "Sharing His Word, His Love, His Gift of Salvation through Cards."  It is our hope that you will use these cards to do just that!  Share them with someone you know who needs to know about the love of Christ Jesus, or even leave one with a stranger! Help share in the Great Commission!  Spread the Word of Jesus Christ and the Gospel.  And, Chrissy, thank you for your prayers.

  Prayers are always welcome.  As a matter of fact, Joan and I pray for any prayer request left in the comment section.  As a matter of fact, we are looking for others to join us in praying for others.  If any of you are interested...all it takes is a commitment to pray for a certain amount of minutes a day or a week.  Any amount.  You tell us how much time you can spend praying for others, and Joan, our Prayer Team Leader will find the need that will fit your amount of time available.  Please leave a message in the comment section, or email me at my email address above, and we will be in touch with you.  Thank you.


Just so everyone knows, Chrissy is a very creative woman.  She has a blog called "Creating with Chrissy."  She makes such wonderful cards, you should see the different ways she makes her cards...she knows how to make cards with such amazing folds, and uses the best stamps.  You really should stop by and visit.  You will be blessed, I am sure!


Thank you to each of you for visiting.  I am hopeful that you will share your opinion about how I could make the 2nd card that I shared on Tuesday look better.  I hope that you will share your thoughts with me in the comment section.  God Bless!


He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Traci, inside and out. Love the beautiful pink and love those flowers. Be seeing you at the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky~

      Thank you for your comment on the card. I knew His Words to comfort her more than what I could say to her.

      I am working my way through the SSIC and WAW blog hop. I am enjoying it so much! I can't wait to see what is on your page...or perhaps I have!

      Thanks for being here, my friend.

      He IS Able!
      Traci S.

      Delete
  2. Continuing prayers for Joan to feel better quickly and completely. You are loved, Joan!

    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci: Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad I've now found yours as well. I really hope that you will stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along in our current challenge, and challenges each Wednesday. We also have free scripture word art offered every week. We'd LOVE to have you become part of our challenges. Your work for Lord is just beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Karen - Social Media Coordinator
    wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen~

      I am so glad to have found out about Word Art Wednesday's Challenge! And, that I found your blog in particular. Praying you are having a blessed weekend.

      He IS Able!
      Traci Starkweather

      Delete
  4. I love your card, pink is my favorite color and I love Shabby Chic. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your kind words. To answer a couple of our questions. I did use 2 different heart stamps. They are made by "Impression Obsession " -Alesa Baker is the designer. They have numbers, not names, so the toile heart is #D8654 and the heart with butterfly is #D8645. The red and gold heart- I just put embossing ink on the inside detail and embossed with Firebrick distress embossing powder. Then I used an embossing ink pen to go around edges and used gold embossing powder. I love seeing other blogs that share our faith and love for Christ. I'm adding you to my blog list of favorites.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy~

      Thank you for your very king comment. And, thank you also for explaining how you made those beautiful hearts. That was so sweet of you to share the details! I am so glad that the He IS Able blog is now one of your Favorites. The topics in the red on the right side are the past posts...enjoy!

      He IS Able!
      Traci S.

      Delete
  5. I am on the mend. Thanks for the prayers. thinking of all of you! Happy Valentine's Day. May you feel God's never ending love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie! So glad that you are starting to feel better. I am continuing to pray for you my friend. And, a Happy Valentine's Day to you, also. I thank God for His love every day...it is such an amazing blessing when I think of it! He loves each of us so very much!

      He IS Able!
      Traci S.

      Delete
  6. Hi Everyone~

    I am here to ask for more prayers. It seems to be one thing after another lately. Or maybe one thing leads to another. My back is still pretty bad, and now I have a major migraine! I couldn't even make it to see my Grandson celebrate his birthday. I stayed home while Dave went up to spend the weekend with them. I am just sad about missing out on seeing them. I am digressing. If you don't mind, and if you have the time...will you please pray that the Great Physician would heal my migraine which impacts my eyesight also. Thank you. Please leave your prayer requests if you would like for us to pray for you!

    Also, my best friend's Mom passed away on Wednesday. She was like a 2nd Mom to me in high school. Please pray for their family. It was a shock. She is with Jesus now...but her children do not all know Jesus...and we are all so very sad by this. I'm sure the crying is making my migraine worse. Thanks so much.

    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Traci,
    Love your card n the color!

    Thanks for sharing your prayers. I will pray for you.

    this is my prayers request:
    me and my husband we're open house church here in Bali indonesia. We start it at May last year and we have 8 groups in the diffrent place....the ministry here are growing to fast. And now we are praying for the place we can use for Sunday Service. I believe when many people pray for us it will be good for us here and make are strong.

    Thank you so much.

    love n Pray,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Traci,

    Thanks for "hopping" over to my blog, I decided to "hop" back and find you. Glad I did, I really enjoyed your post!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!