Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Power of Prayer and a Surprise Announcement

Hi Friends~


I hope you are all well and seeing God's glory all around you.  I think that is one of the special blessings He has given us. We can look at a flower and see that it is the work of His hands. That the smell of the flower was created in just a special way to represent this one type of flower. I am feeling overwhelmed with all of the beauty He has created,  I can't even imagine what Eden must have been like...can you?


Thank you for leaving such warm comments these past few weeks.  I am feeling relieved from my cold.  I am humbled how you took your personal time to remind me (and others) that we do not grieve like others. That my dear Father-in-Law is in a much  more magnificent place with the One we praise. You told me again and again, which I needed to hear again and again, that my son would be safe and healthy and living an adventure at his Air Force base in England.  (His 23rd birthday was yesterday.) That you told me to hang in there. You are such great friends.  Thank you for being in my life through this blog and emails in some cases.

_____________________________
 

Today I have a beautiful piece to share from the book Quiet Moments in the Presence of God which is published by Bethany House.  This is taken exactly from this wonderful book:


Prayer Power
 
 
"The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayers of the righteous."  (Proverbs 15:29)
 
 
Prayer changes things.  Prayer has power.  When John Knox got on his knees to pray, the queen feared his prayers more than she did all the armies of Scotland.  When John Wesley prayed, life-changing renewal came to England.  When Jonathan Edwards said his fervent prayers, a great revival spread through-out the American colonies.  Over and over, history records the power of prayer.
 
 
Your prayers have power.  God works through praying people.  He makes His way known to those who submit themselves prayerfully to Him.  He accomplished His purposes through those who offer their urgent and sincere prayers to Him.  God sends your prayers out with power to affect, change, and bless.
 
 
"Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you will be healed.  The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect." 
(James 5:16)
 
______________________________
 
 
I would like to once again invite you to join our Prayer Team.  I feel so blessed to be a part of something bigger than myself.  Praying for others needs and requests, praying that the government will bend to God's will, praying for others that live where they could be imprisoned or killed for praying or having a Bible.  All that we ask is that you tell us how much time you would be willing to pray for people per week or day.  It could be 10 minutes.  And, we will match you up with a prayer need or needs to fit your time. Just leave a comment or email Traci and I or Joan, our Prayer Team Leader, will send you some info to consider.
 
 
Also, on the top of the right hand column there is a place where you can subscribe to the blog.  All you need to do is put your email in the place provided, and whenever I write a blog post, you will receive an email about it. That way you don't miss out no matter what day it is posted.  Just so you know, I do not ever see the email this way either. And, you won't want to miss out on any posts because a SPECIAL HE IS ABLE GIVE-AWAY is coming on an unannounced day!
 
 
One last thing to share with you...Thanksgiving is a holiday here in the United States.  It is celebrated during November, and has many reasons for different people.  Gladly we can give thanks any day, several times a day, even!  But, I would like to ask everyone, from every country that visits this blog...to leave 1 thing that they are thankful for- for each day in November.  Let's really praise the Lord!  Let's think of every thing in our life for which we are thankful.  This will start on November 1st!  Please join us! 
 
 
He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm so glad to hear the life back in your voice blog! I've certainly been praying for you & your family during this difficult time for you.

    Please continue to pray for my Dad-had a mild stroke 2 wks ago. Getting therapy, but is improving daily. Praise the Lord!

    Pray for me as I start a new healthy eating/living program. I've got to get myself in a better position to enjoy my new granddaughter & serve our Lord.

    If you can share the address for your son-I would love to send him cards of encouragement. (if you think he'd approve)

    Hugs from Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray for you and all the followers of this blog. May God be praised that you are feeling so much better physically and emotionally. I too have been on a journey to a healthier life style.

    take care my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!