Sunday, November 7, 2010

Never Feel Alone Again! Great Prize for Challenge Winner!

Hi Everyone! 

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!  Did you spend time stamping with friends?  Get some work done at work?  Did you take time to handle your personal things like: laundry, cooking and ironing things from that overloaded basket?  Did you stay home, maybe sick or hurt, all alone, feeling alone?  Do you ever feel lonely? 

Today, a special treat.  I have received written permission from Dr. Jack Graham's office to use his column from October 4, 2010,  here in the blog.  Today is one of those special days.  The topic can be scary.  It is one we don't like to look at.  It is sometimes being lonely.  Alone.

"Yet, I am not alone, for the Father is with me."   John 16:32

"To varying degrees, each of us has felt the pain of rejection and loneliness.  When it comes, it can be completely debilitating.  Such pain may even be yours at this moment.

Perhaps you're isolated in your office cubicle day after day.  Or maybe you're constantly surrounded by people, without ever feeling connected.  OR perhaps you're facing a crisis that no one on earth can endure for you.

"Friend, I'm here to tell you that Jesus knows exactly how you feel.  That might sound a little strange, since Jesus is God, surrounded with multitudes of angels in celestial glory!  But don't forget that Jesus once walked on the earth as a man.

" He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not."  (Isaiah 53:3)
Jesus experienced earth's loneliness to the greatest degree.  Laden with our sins on the cross, he experienced horrific separation from the Father in that moment when he cried,  

"My God...why have You forsaken me?"

He suffered it willingly, for the joy set before him-- the joy in knowing that you and I would never have to be separated from God by out sin!  And he sent the Holy Spirit so that even on earth, we will never be alone!"

"And, behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."  (Matthew 28:20)

 Let's pray.  Dear Lord Jesus, sometimes I have felt alone on this big earth.  I have felt that no one else exists.  And if they did, why would they contact me?
I thank you Lord for opening my eyes to Your truth, Your Word.  I now know that I will never need to fear being alone again.  For you are with me, Lord Jesus.  I thank you for that.  I praise you for that.  Thank you for always being with me even, to "the end of the age!"  I pray in your loving and protective name, the name of Jesus.  Amen.

 That is great news, isn't it?  Once we ask Jesus to come into our lives, we are truly never alone again.  He promises this.  He tells us that He "will not leave nor forsake us," several times in the Bible.  You can count on Jesus.  It's that simple.  You can count on Jesus.  Tape it to your computer.

I want to thank all of you for your continued prayers.  I am about 90% better at this time...I am actually smiling for the first time in a while.  I thank and am grateful for all of you.  This blog means so much to me.  It is a way that I serve our Lord Jesus.  It is a way I can participate in the Great Commission.  I thank you for coming by Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I hope you are blessed.

This is your blog, also.  Will you consider sharing your thoughts on one of the Monday's in November or December?  You could do it in Memory or Honor of someone. Just write it up and send it to me via my email.   You can share about how you keep Christmas REAL in your home and heart.  Or tell us your Favorite Scripture and Why it is so. Please share how you know that He has helped you through a difficult time.  It is time for you to share...  It is a GREAT way to Serve the Lord, and invite non-Christians in your life to read "your" blog entry.  It could be that final step before they accept Jesus into their hearts!

Take a look at the sidebar!  First of all, who has put that badge or a link to the He IS Able blog on their blog?  Will you please do it today? And then let me know the blog URL so I can come and visit?  (If you have it or are putting it up now...a beautiful card is on it's way to you from the He IS Able blog.)  It is a great way to bring Christians and non-Christians to read and learn about the Love of Jesus the Christ!  You can tell me about the badge in the comment section. You can share anything in the comment section. 

And, if you leave a comment before Tuesday at 8pm...you will be eligible to win that fabulously designed card by Dawn B. The randomly drawn winner will be announced on Wednesday! 

And,  It is time to make and send a card to Michele's Dad!  That is the challenge on the side bar!  The deadline is coming up...but you could still enter and win a FABULOUS Prize, from Michele G. and 10 cards and envelopes from the
 He IS Able blog!  Good luck everyone!  It is a great thing to do...share His love.  It's part of our Mission Statement!

Have a blessed day.  Tell someone how much Jesus loves them today.  Tell someone that they aren't going to be alone again. 

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!