Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday means "Cards by Traci"

Happy Friday Everyone!

The Weekend is almost here again!  Have you started making cards for
Thanksgiving?  Or do you skip that because Christmas is right around the corner?  Just curious.  I am actually going to try to make Thanksgiving cards for my family.(And Holiday Cards)  Not traditional Thanksgiving.  More like Gratitude cards to each member.  I want to make sure they know that I am grateful they are in my life and why.  Hopefully they know.  But, it sure is nice to have it in your sister's handwriting!   Let's be sure we remember to thank the Lord for all of the blessings in our daily life.

Here are a few cards I made this week:


This card was made for the Our Daily Bread Designs Weekly Challenge.  We were to make a card that was mainly texturized, sparkly, or made of diecuts.  My card is texturized and sparkly!  The leaves had PK Glitz Glitter glued on them through a Stencil Collection brass stencil.  It is the first time I have tried to do that!  I was glad I used a Quickie Glue Pen.  It is shaped as a pen, and can get in tight spots.
I love the rich brown paper and the gold embossed paisley paper!  I enjoyed making this card.



This card was made earlier this week for the Play Date Cafe Challenge.  They challenged us to make a card that is black, white and a splash of
burgundy!  I used a Hero Arts stamp called "Italian Rose."  I printed in on white paper, with the black Italian writing.  And, the extra splash of burgundy was the ribbon and the rose!


 
I made this card tonight, because I am feeling so grateful for so many things.  And, one can ever have too many thank you notes!  I have never tried to make a wreath like card before.  I used stamps that were primarily made from Judith's.  She has some little stamps on small pieces of dowel.  It made it simple to twist and turn the stamps aroung the circle.  I finished it off, with the "Thank You" sentiment, and the sheer purple offray ribbon that was tied in a bow.  I really enjoyed making this, and it took almost no time.

Well, the rest of the cards, were just coloring in more and more of the Christmas card images we are sending out this year.

 I have more cards that you can look at if you want to for some reason!  They are at SCS and CPC.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Please leave a comment for any post this week.  You will be entered to win the card that Dawn B. made and donated.  It is on the sidebar! Be blessed...and be a blessing!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Traci the thank you card you made is adorable it looks like Judith did it herself, what a great job!!!

    Michele G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations, Traci! I sometimes send traditional Thanksgiving Cards, but I like your idea better. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I will send gratitude cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Traci.
    It is a beautiful card!. I shall get my details over to you. Thank you again and have a great week!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful cards Traci!!! You have found your style! Loving them! Glad you are feeling better!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!