Monday, February 7, 2011

Loving Him through Prayer and Pleasing Him in the Process!

Dear Friends~

I hope you are having a marvelous Monday...and that you are spending time with Jesus all day long.  That's one way to please Him, and a way to show Him just how much you love Him.  Our 2 topics for today...Loving Him through Prayer and Pleasing Him.

"I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Psalm 34:1

Do you remember the song "Rise and Shine?"  I think that is the name of it.  You may have learned it in preschool or 1st grade Sunday School.  It is something like this:

##Oh, Rise and Shine and give God the Glory...Glory
Rise...and Shine...and give God the Glory...Glory...##

I woke up with this song on my lips.  And, I laughed, because it has been a very long time since I sang it.  Then I heard what I was singing.  I listened to those few words that I know of the song. It was then, that I knew what today's post was to be about.  And, before I came here...I spent some quality time with Him.  I hope you had time to spend with Him this morning...but if not...you still have the rest of the day and night to "catch up" with Him.

"The Lord spoke to Moses face to face
as a man speaks with his friend."  Exodus 33:11

There was this wonderful short writing in Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, which is published by Bethany House.  We know that our lives are the best type of worship to the Lord.  And, He really wants to be invited into our daily activities, conversations, and He really is pleased when we spend time sharing with Him through prayer, and then by listening to what He may want to share.

This writing is called, "Speak With Your Friend." 

"Prayer is relational.  It is talking to someone you know.  There are no strangers in the prayer room.  When speaking to God in prayer, you can have the same kind of experience with God that Moses had---face to face.  You can be friend with friend.

With God as your friend in prayer, you are never too hurt to look back, and you are never too scared to look ahead.  With God as your friend in prayer, you can look within yourself and celebrate who you are, and who you are becoming.  You can feel close enough to God to open yourself up and let Him come in.

When you go to God in prayer, you are in the presence of one you know and one who knows you."

Isn't that wonderful?  Have you thought of  Him as your friend?  I just loved the way they wrote this. It made me think that He should/could/would like to be my best friend.  One that I can share anything with.  One that I can tell my dreams, and still in reverence, go to for forgiveness, and be obedient to Him.  What an amazing relationship we can have with Jesus in our lives!  Do you have this type of relationship with Him?  Contact me if you would like to ask Jesus to be your Lord and Friend.  I will pray with you.  Or contact a local church.

"Servants don't know what their Master is doing, and so I don't speak to you as my servants.  I speak to you as my friends, and I have told you everything that my Father has told me."  John 15:15

I hope you will join us on Wednesday to see who will receive the "Card of the Week"...which you can see on the sidebar.  Just leave a comment...and if your name is randomly selected, and you have an address here in the U.S. I will mail it to you.  If you live out of the country, we still have several options for you!
Leave your comment by 8pm Tuesday!

Have a blessed day! 

He IS Able!
Traci S.

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate such an excellent article to help me along the route, We are pleased for the labor in researching and also scripting this web blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the special verse and written passage that you shared today Traci!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!