Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Help Our Veterans! And, Cards by Traci!

Hi Friends~

I want to apologize that yesterday's post was not posted on time.  Blogger did not recognize the Blog, or my user name, or my password!  Talk about getting seriously stressed! I finally just shut down the whole thing at 10pm, and went to bed.  I had nightmares about it all night...woke up, and it was working fine!
Thank you, Lord, for allowing us to continue to serve you with this Ministry!

In my last post I shared a story emailed around about soldiers going off to war, and making a wish of a little girl seem to come true.  I went to the Hunger Site and realized they have added a Veteran's Site.  There are more than 130,000 Veterans sleeping on the streets of America nightly...most without a meal in their belly!  If you click on this site, the sponsors donate money to help the Veterans.  It doesn't cost you anything more than about 10 seconds on each Site.  I hit each one every day.  How about joining in and helping?  It would be greatly appreciated!

"Give, and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For with the  measure you use, it will be measured to you."  Luke 6:38  NIV

Well, I did it.  I made a bunch of cards this weekend.  Here are some for you to take a look at!  I would love to hear your comments on how I could improve them!  I want to learn, and your sharing will be so helpful to me!

Here we go:

 This card was so easy to make and I think it is so cheerful!  This is a bit bigger than most of my cards.  It is a 5" x 7" card. I usually make A2 cards. The background paper is called "Yellow Flowers" and I just love the colors...it is not even all the way across the page...lighter in some areas, darker in others.  The huge flower is from Michael's Dollar bins!  It was really a pin...I didn't know that until I took it out of the special bag it was in!  I took the pin off of the flower.  I cut a strip of SU! "Yellow Yolk" paper and set it behind the flower.  There wasn't much room to put embellishments once I set this enormous 4 and 1/2" bloom!  I used Aleen's Tacky glue to hold it on!  What embellishments, if any would you have added?

Here you will be able to see the amazing layers which add so much depth in this flower!  They came in all different colors.  I wish I could have bought a hundred of them!  This card can be used for so many different occasions!  Often, I like to put the sentiment inside a card!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16


I started this card by stamping my "Me & Carrie Lou" heart and rose stamp on white cs from SU!.  I colored it in with an olive SU! marker, and a Marvy--Red, marker!  I used VersaFine to stamp the image.  I placed it on a scrap piece of unknown red paper. "The God is Love" stamp is a gift from a very good friend.  Thank you!!!  It is actually a SU! stamp from 1998.  I added some Finishing Accent Red Rhinestones from Darice to add a little more bling to this card!

The last card...or 25 of them, that I made were to catch up on the SCS
Christmas Card Challenge 2011 for January and February.  I know ten of them are going to the Card Drive Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.  Ten are going to the Children's Charity I send cards to...the children-teens are going through chemo for MS, and other serious illnesses.  I will put 5 of them into my pile of Christmas cards.  How is that for planning?!  lol 

I used a stamp from Imaginisce.  It is called, "Polar Bear."  However, we live in Central Florida and have had several encounters with Black bears...so the polar bear became  a Black Bear.  I used miscellaneous Christmas papers, assorted markers from SU! and Marvy.  And a green rhinestone from Darice's Finishing Touches.

Part of this blog's Mission Statement is sharing the love of the Lord through cards.  Sharing His Word through cards which we give away every Wednesday.  It is a great way for you to share your thoughts about the Lord with friends, family and even strangers!  Just leave a comment on this blog by Tuesday 8pm.  Any comment!  If your comment is randomly chosen you will win a beautiful card that some of the best card-makers around have donated...and you can share about the Lord in this way!  Who knows what result will happen when the card recipient reads your thoughts.  Perhaps he/she will want to invite Jesus Christ into their life as Lord and Savior!  Wouldn't that be fabulous?  What a fun, easy, and great way to witness!  So, leave your comments.  We announce the Winner of the Card of the Week, every Wednesday!  Please join us tomorrow to see who will be chosen as the random winner.  In fact, this week...there will be 2 randomly chosen winners!  So, let's share the Good News of Jesus Christ!

Have a blessed week!  Thank you for being here!  It would be a special blessing if you shared this blog with one friend, and a family member.  Thank you for considering it!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

2 comments:

  1. Hey my dear friend Traci! How are you feeling? I've been praying for you! I really like both cards and your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Traci I love the heart card... BEAUTIFUL! The yellow card is very bright and cheerful, love the flower layers!! And the teddy is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!