Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Right Word, Right Time" and 2 Winners Announced!!

Hi Friends~

Happy Wednesday!  Today we have not one, but two winners to announce for our random "Card of the Week" drawing. Last week their was a problem with Blogger, it wasn't allowing all of the comments to show up on the blog!  A serious problem-- when that is the pool from which the winners are drawn!  So, we have 2 people to receive a card to share what Jesus has done in their lives with their card recipients.  Hopefully, that is how the cards will be used, of course, you can use it any way you'd like!

I hope you have been reading along with us.  We have had some interesting information regarding our Veterans, and I have actually made it into my art room to make some cards, and I have posted some of them yesterday.

Today we have a wonderful Devotion from the Quiet Moments in the
 Presence of God book, published by Bethany House.  It is called Right Word, Right Time.  The title of this Devotion reminds me a bit of our cards, or the opportunities we have in conversations.  I am talking about using these times to share something about Jesus Christ.  It could be a Scripture on the card.  It could be telling the person about an answer to prayer...even if they don't believe in praying!  It could be about the miracle of a new member to your family.  It could be the lyrics to a song that shares about Him.  This is what I thought this Devotion would be writing about.

Seizing the moment, because we really don't know how many more moments, or conversations, or cards we can send out before the Lord comes back, and people's fates are sealed forever.  The time to take action-- is every time we can! 

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."  Galatians 6:9

 Let's see what this Devotion is really about:

Right Word, Right Time

"Alice stood in line at a busy airport, waiting to check in with the reservation clerk.  She was relocating across the county to begin a new job.  It was a job she had long wanted, but Alice had many doubts about her ability to fulfill the job's varied responsibilities.  Is the job too much for me? she wondered.  Have I made a big mistake?

Alice was second in line to check in when the elderly man in front of her got his ticket and turned back.  He put a firm hand on Alice's shoulder as he passed by and warmly said to her, "God bless you.  I'm sure everything is going to be all right."

God sends people with words of encouragement at the time, when you need them.
*****************************************************************
"You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house."

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven."  Matthew 5:14-16

Our Two Winners... Two Cards of the Week...

I certainly hope these 2 people stop by the blog today to find out that they have won a Card of the Week!  If not, I hope you will let them know!  They have until Tuesday 8pm to email their mailing address to me!  Have I stalled long enough?  lol  This week's 2 winners left the following comments:


Congratulations to...

"I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post."
By "Cancer Survival Rates" on 2/28/11

and...

"Yes.... your friend loves this card! I meant it when I told you it was one of the prettiest cards I have received! The paper is GORGEOUS and the Calla Lilies are too! Thank you soooo much!!! hugs, "Grace" on 2/17/11

I hope you will both email me with your mailing address so that I know you want your card, and I can get it out to you! My email is on the side bar.  It is truly our pleasure to send you this card.  If for some reason you do not want this card, simply do not send me an email with your mailing address.  Of course, please leave comments and prayer requests anyway!

Here at the He IS Able blog due to my personal budget, I can only send cards to addresses here in the United States.  We do however, love to hear from our Brothers and Sisters in other countries.  So, please still stop by, leave comments and prayer requests and they will be prayed over.  And, if you are randomly chosen as a winner of the Card of the Week, you can send it to a friend or relative here in the States with a personal message from you, or I can send you information on other options.  We are very grateful that you are here as well!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen."  Matthew 28:19-20

Have a wonderful week!  Tell someone about Jesus today and then again...
God Bless You!!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

1 comment:

  1. Another great devotional thought Traci! That's a great book you are using... things for all of us to ponder! Thank you kindly for drawing my name! It's a beautiful card too, and thank you to Janaria for her generosity! You know my address hun so I'll not bother you with another email to sort through in your inbox!!! :)
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!