Friday, March 4, 2011

Pour Out Your Heart to God--Dr. Jack Graham

Hi Friends~

We are off to spend the weekend with family and run in (Dave), volunteer in (me) a race to raise money for machinery for the neo-natal unit at their local hospital.  Why are we travelling to participate with a race?  Well, because our Son-in-Law and Dave's Daughter are running the whole thing!  A 2 year old little girl went to be with the Lord a few years ago, and this race is in her honor. The hospital needed this machinery, and the family needed help with all of the medical bills they had.  We are so proud of our "kids" for starting this annual race, and continuing with it!

So, I don't have a lot of time to write today.  I will borrow from Dr. Jack Graham, whose organization, has so sweetly allowed me to share his columns here on the He IS Able blog.  Here is Dr. Graham's column named "Power Point."  The only changes I made were to post the Scripture in red and capitalize the words referring to Him.

Pour Out Your Heart to God                  September 21, 2010

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God!   --Psalm 42:11


Did you know it's okay to ask God questions? It is! Some people think that if you ask God questions, you are doubting Him, but that's not so.

Just look at Christ Jesus in agony on the cross. He cried out, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

And David, a man after God's own heart, dared to cry out to God in fear and anxiety and deep emotional pain. In Psalm 42:9 David said, "I say to God, my rock: Why have you forgotten me?" Because David was so honest before God, you and I can turn to Psalms today to find solace, serenity, and strength.

You see, you can be honest with God about your hurts, struggles, and suffering. You can pour your heart out to him. We all face uncertainties and imponderables that burst in our hearts for answers... for his comfort.

God can handle the hard, honest questions of your heart! He welcomes you into his presence. Yes, cry out to God when you hurt, but then steady yourself with his promises as David did in Psalm 42:11 and hope in the salvation of God!

Stir up your faith and remind yourself of His love and grace and power. He is your refuge and your strength!

GOD CAN HANDLE THE HARD, HONEST QUESTIONS OF YOUR HEART!
****************************************************************

Have a fabulous weekend!  I hope you enjoy spending some quality time with the Lord. And have some time enjoying making cards, or scrapbooking...however, you express yourself!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!