Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Encourage Each Other and 2 On-going Contests...Plus a Winner Announced!!!

"Along the way, he encouraged believers in all the towns he passed through."  Acts 20:2 NLT

Hi Everyone, 

This week seems to be speeding by for me!  I am starting to pack upeverything I need for this weekend's 24 hour American Cancer Society Fundraiser here in East Orlando.  I will be selling all of those amazing cards you were so kind to donate!  And, so many of you got behind this fundraiser in such a big way! I sincerely thank each of you with all of my heart. You sent 574 cards, tags, and bookmarks!!  INCREDIBLE!  Thank you all so much for being such great encouragement to me,so inspiring... and the money raised will help people with all types of cancer as well as educate the public on cancer awareness!  Thank you!!!!

"Jospeph...whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means "One who Encourages"), sold a field he owned, brought the money, and turned it over to the apostles." Acts 4:36-37 GNT

I would like to share one of the Devotions for today.  It is from Bethany House Publications.  And the name of the book is, Quiet moments in the Presence of God.  Please enjoy "Let Them Know."

"Perhaps the deepest human need is the need to be appreciated.  Love the people God gives you, and let them know you love them.  Affirm who they are.  Encourage who they can become.  Give them your backing.  Be generous with tokens of appreciation.  Be slow to correct and quick to praise.  Treat people as ends in themselves, not as means to an end.

Make someone's day by sending him or her a little note of appreciation.  Call someone on the phone and speak of your affection.  Send and e-mail that supports someone.  Because of what you say, people feel better about their lives and live more confidently.  Your words of encouragement put them on their feet and get them on their way.

In the strength of your affirmation, people become themselves."

And, they offer this sweet little prayer, please join me:
"Dear God, lead me to those who need encouragement.  When they are down, I will lift them up. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
**********************************************
Just think of all of the cards that will be received this weekend by people, and look at how many cards have been given to encourage others through the "Card of the Week" and as prizes, here at the He IS Able blog!  You are great encouragers!  Your comments are so encouraging!  The next time you make a card, or receive one from this blog or somewhere else...think of it as a tool to encourage someone...even if they are having the best day of their life!

Speaking of which, we are running low on the cards that we use for the "Card of the Week" and such.  Most of them were received last June, when this blog was started.  If you have any of the size A2 cards that have Scripture on the them, or has something beautiful on it and are mostly blank inside---so the person sending the card can add their encouraging message...we would greatly appreciate them and YOU!  We use these cards to encourage each other and Glorify God!  It would be great to have enough cards/envelopes for the next year before we reach our 1 year blog-o-versary in June! (The reason we ask for A2 size cards is that it costs an extra 16 cents to mail a square card or larger card, and I have a small budget...plus it requires a trip to the post office, and I can not drive due to my disabilities.) If you are willing to serve in this very unique way, please put the cards/envelopes in a ziplock or sealed plastic bag and ship them to me. (It rains almost every day...the plastic protects your wonderful cards.)  Also, if you would like for a Scripture to be added to your card, but you don't have a stamp with one, I will be happy to add one for you..just let me know, please. Thank you so much!!!!

Traci Starkweather
116 Colyer Drive
Longwood, Florida 32779
USA
**********************************************
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another...by this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have loved one another." 1 Peter 4:14
                ***********************************************
Announcing the Winner of the He IS Able "Card of the Week"

The comment that was randomly chosen belongs to Gerrie Johnnic!  Congrats, Gerrie! I love your blog,"Queen of Grunge" by the way! Her cards are the most unique and special cards I have seen.  You need to check them out!  Every week I take all of the comments that were left before 8pm on Tuesday, delete those of the He IS Able Blog Team, and randomly choose a comment to win for that week!  The winner is announced on Wednesdays!  They then have until Tuesday 8pm (Eastern time) to email me their mailing address.  Then I mail the card, an extra envelope and postage to the recipient.  If I do not hear from them, the card goes back in with the other cards to be used at a later time.

There are two ways to WIN next week.  Leave a comment as stated above and you may win a very special card!  The other way is to participate in our on-going CONTEST!!!  Leave some ideas for names for our TEAM here at the   He IS Able blog's comment section.  Details on the side bar... there is a nice PRIZE for the person who comes up with the chosen name!! 

Thank you so much for being here.  Lots of special things coming up this month!!!  Keep popping in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  There is even going to be one more give-away....WOW!!!!!!!!!

Keep on encouraging others!  Remember:  "Along the way, he encouraged believers in all the towns he passed through." Acts 20:2 NLT

He IS Able,
Traci S.

"That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both the Father and of Christ." Colossians 2:2

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ Jesus." Colossians 2:2  NIV

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful scripture and devotion to share, Traci! You are such a blessing. Thank you!
    I will be sending you some cards to give away on your blog, as well as a couple of our new CD, "RISE UP!" for you to use as God leads.
    God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thank you so very much Susan. I will send you a message on Monday about the details. Thank you for blessing this blog and our guests in such a special way. Thank you for serving the Lord as you do...through such beautiful music and from your inspiring messages! God Bless you and all of Ash2Ash!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ouple prayer requests. I am working the American Cancer Society's Fundraiser this weekend selling the cards that you donated! (Thank you again.) I would be grateful if you would add my family and myself to your prayer lists. In particular, please pray that the Fundraiser is a huge success. For my family, please pray that my parents do not suffer with pain over this weekend. They have disabilities as well as me having mine. It would be great if you would include me with that request, and for me to have extra energy. For some reason, I am so exhausted this week...to the point that I can barely get out of bed. I know the Lord will provide. I give Him the Glory for the answers to these prayers. I give Him the Glory for touching the hearts of all of the people who donated amazing cards. Cards of all types, and especially for the Scriptural cards that will be sold and sent to many people, and hopefully encourage them! I thank you so much for your prayers, in advance. I will let you know on Monday how things went! YOU are all appreciated! Have a blessed weekend!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!