Monday, October 31, 2011

Don't Be Afraid of Fear! Fight it With His Word!

Hi Friends~


Well, Joshua leaves a week from today for Basic Military Training  (boot camp), and I will be very busy putting together a postage package for him with envelopes and writing paper, sheets of labels with all of his family and friend's addresses, for ease to write quickly.  He was told that on some evenings he will have 15 minutes to write...not much time when you have so many people who love you and want to hear from you!  So, I am including some postcards with postage on everything, with pre-written questions.  Questions may be:  What did you like today?  What didn't you like today?  What is the best part of the Air Force so far?  And so on...I think it will help on the nights when he is too tired to take the 15 minutes for writing, rather than sleeping!  I wonder if they read their mail?

Most of you know that I have been fearful of his leaving this area, and going into what I see as a very grown up field...when I see him more as a teen-ager than a twenty-two year old, even though he is very mature.  And, since when is 22 that old?  lol 


We had a fabulous weekend together.  I didn't get any crafting done this week.  I don't know if I will get any done this week.  I am going to try tomorrow.  Well, you know I took a guest's advice and gave Josh's care back to the Lord.  And, I have been so much calmer.  I have a sense of peace that I couldn't find anywhere...but with the Father.  Which I knew, but for some reason, when I need to remember something so important, so ingrained in me... I still forget to go before Him for myself some times.  Perhaps these are words to the wise for one of you reading this?


I saw this column in my emails.  I follow many Pastor's on the Internet.  I have my Pastor at my church who I really listen to a lot.  One thing about Pastor Joel Osteen is he looks for the positive in everything...and knows God is capable of all things.  I want to share his column on FEAR with you today.

Close the Door on Fear


"Do not give the devil an opportunity to work.”(Ephesians 4:27, ISV)


TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

"So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.
The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.
If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on God’s promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in Victory with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel and Victoria Osteen

__________________________________


I found several Scriptures that back up, you will recognize them from past posts:

"No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling:  For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."  (Psalm 91:10-11)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you:  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  (John 14:27)

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  (2 Timothy 1:7)

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."  (1 John 4:18)

"So we may boldly say;  The Lord is my helper, I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"  (Hebrews 13:6)


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  (Psalm 46:1)

It is so important that we work to memorize these and other Scripture.  These are all about fear, and what fights it...He does, He teaches us how... it's in His Word. 

Just a reminder that we are giving away "2 He IS Able Cards of the Week!" on Wednesday!  Just be sure to leave a comment or prayer request or prayer in the comment section before Tuesday at 8pm.  If you do, you are eligible to win the 2 cards!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!