Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who are YOU? Find Out What Pastor Joel Osteen's Answer Is!

Hi Friends~

Well Folks, as you will read, I wrote this at the airport on Friday…and I meant to send this on to my blog set-up when we got to our dear relative's home.  But, no….The plane was late because the weather was horrendous…snow, frozen rain, ice, sleet…all in one ride.  We got there so late, that I am just getting a moment now to try to send this up. 

I hope you are ready to enjoy this weekend.  I can not believe we are going from 70-80 degree weather…into cold, sleet, snow, frozen rain for the next few days.  The reason we will overcome these terrible conditions?  Because we love our family.  And, we will have an opportunity to visit several family members on this trip. 

For those of you who know that Josh is at his Technical School.  He started classes and Physical Training (I'm not sure what the "T" stands for) this week.  And, is waiting for 2 dorm inspections and 2 open inspections (when they inspect you and your uniform.)  Once he has passed 2 of each inspection, he will be allowed off base on weekends.  I wish he could come home for the weekend.  But, you have to be within a certain number of miles…and we don’t make the cut!  Both , Dave and son are doing fine although I think I miss him more now than when he was in Basic Military Training.  I know that I probably won't see him until December. There is a possibility we will be able to get together for a few days in May.  As a side question, if any of you have family or friends in the Air Force, I have been shown an amazing website that tells about everything.  They answer every question, for free, of course. So, let me know if you would like the website, I wish I had known about it before Basic Training started.

One thing that I have really learned since becoming disabled with a back and neck injury about 14 years ago, is that many people started conversations by saying, “Tell me about yourself,” or "What do you do?"  Well, at first it would bring tears to my eyes every time.  I went from being a retail store manager, and a preschool Director before that…to what?  A disabled blob that rests on the couch, because it hurts too much to do anything around the home?  Should I have answered, “I am disabled?”  No, I was afraid for their pity.  Answer, “I just stay home?”  That seemed like a false statement--though true. I wasn’t staying home because we are wealthy and I want to eat bon-bons by the pool. (We don't own a pool.)  Not like that at all.  Answer, “I am a Mom and a Wife.”  To me that is what I have always wanted to be.  And, I love it.  But, many people are also Mom’s and a spouse…and they do important work.  Some people believe they are what they do.  Once I wasn’t earning a living, I felt that I was a “No one.”  Which is FAR from the truth.

It took me a long time to really let my heart know that it wasn't what I did that was important...and I still visit that dark place now and them. But, I am a Child of God, a wife and a mom.  But, I didn’t think that was the appropriate answer when people asked me that question, and honestly, I wasn’t brave enough to say it at the time.  The Lord has blessed me with more courage over these years.  Especially when it comes to reaching others for Him.  I have found that courage mostly through this blog, and the people who I have come to know who encourage me…as I hope to encourage you.  And, through your emails, comments, prayer requests I have made wonderful friends who are as close as any family, and together we have each grown in our walk with the Lord.

Pastor Joel Osteen wrote a wonderful column the other day…on this topic.   I want to share this column with permission, from Today’s Word,  Pastor Osteen’s daily column.  Here it is word for word.  I just LOVE the Scripture that Pastor Osteen used for this column.  We will be looking at it again soon.  I have it taped to my computer table.  However, right now, I am sitting in the airport waiting for our plane, which is late due to the bad weather where it came from.  EEK!  I repeat:   “I Am Trusting God in Everything!” "I am Trusting God in Everything!"

Don’t Confuse Your What With Your Who
By Pastor Joel Osteen

Today's Scripture

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;  marvelous
and Your works, and that my soul
knows very well." 
(Psalm 139:14 NKJ)
<>
<>
__________________________________________
<>
 
<>
 
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
<>
Have you ever noticed that when you ask someone “Who are you?” a lot of times they’ll say, “I’m a salesman.” “I’m a minister.” “I’m a coach.” “I’m a teacher.” Many people find their identity in what they do. The problem with this kind of thinking is that people identify themselves with their negative habits and strongholds, too. I hear people say, “I’m an alcoholic; I just can’t beat it.” No, that’s not who you are, that’s what you do. But if you keep thinking that way and talking that way, it will become so ingrained on the inside that you’ll convince yourself that it’s true, and it will keep you from rising higher.
<>
 
<>
 
 
One time somebody told me, “Joel, I’m a drug dealer.” He was embarrassed by it. He didn’t want to live that way. I told him what I’m telling you, “That’s not who you are. If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then who you are is a child of the Most High God. It’s time to start acting like it because you have a destiny to fulfill.”

As a believer, you are the righteousness of God in Christ! You are the head and not the tail! You are an overcomer! Today, embrace who you are in Christ and don’t ever let your performance change your identity.
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Father God, thank You for who You are and for who You’ve made me. I declare today that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Help me to keep my identity in You and glorify You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

— Joel and Victoria Osteen
<>
 
 
_______________________________________


Well, We are Finally Home!


This one blog post has been drawn out over days! I couldn’t get to a wi-fi area in the airport, because the fog in Baltimore was so thick, it took us a long time to get there…and we almost didn’t catch the flight!YOU are important to me, I apologize for not finding a way to get this posted…but now I have, and WOW it is long! Hang in there please.

I loved looking at your comments that have been left this past week...thank you for sharing! I just took a look.If you haven’t left a comment in the past week…please do so before Tuesday night…tonight 8pm Eastern time.If you do this weekly, you may be randomly chosen to receive between 1 and 5 cards. This is weekly and the recipient is announced on Wednesday's.

Why 1-5?  Because that number will be randomly chosen also.We want to share these cards with you, so that you may easily share the love of God, your love for God, or a loving hello with someone who needs to hear about the love of Jesus Christ…or just a word of encouragement.

Thank you so much for being here. My goal for this week?  To get into my art room and make some cards with the Our Daily Bread Designs stamps I bought during their huge sale during December.  I hope to have some paper craft to share with you at the end of the week.  


So, tell us about yourself in the comment section!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather  
p.s. I apologize for the spacing and changes in font size on the post. I have worked on trying to fix it for well over 4 hours. I want to get it posted...thanks for hanging in there with me!



<>
<>
<>
<>


     
       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!