Friday, March 16, 2012

"A Very Special Person--A Very Special Post!"

Hi Friends~


I hope everyone has had a great week!  And, now most of you have the week-end to look forward to...time to get in your craft areas and make Easter or Passover cards, or spend time with family, and spend time preparing your hearts for Easter.  Asking for forgiveness from the people we may have hurt.  Asking the Lord for forgiveness, so that we can be even closer to Him...be ready to take part in communion.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  (1 John 1:9)


You know, I was mentioning work in the beginning of the first paragraph.  It really reminded me of something I tried to do every day when I worked, before I became disabled almost 15 years ago.  I would have a ride of about 12 or 13 miles to work, but because of traffic, it would take nearly an hour! My temper would rise as other cars would cut me off, people would blow their horns when it was just not possible to go faster or move over...it was bumper to bumper, and I would find a vocabulary coming to my mind, and yes, sometimes to my lips that I truly know did not please God.  I am sure we have all had times when we did not act in our best ways at work or elsewhere.  We could have been rude or rushed with a customer, maybe we took something we thought we were entitled to have, maybe we cheated on a contest at work. Only you and the Lord know what behaviors you may have had creep up on you.

 Let me mention something a little off topic here.  When you have a bumper sticker that announces to the world that you are a Christian, please remember that you are a light in a dark world.  When my Atheist husband, sees someone driving in a hazardous way and sees that sticker...he will say something to me like..."Is that a REAL Christian who just cut me off and made that gesture?"  Just something to think about...and maybe mention in your Women's Group,

Anyway, one day it occurred to me that if He is with us all of the time...and He is!  I could imagine/picture Him with me all of the time...as a reminder!  For instance, I would see Him in the passenger seat while I drove.  You can bet that my mind was focused on driving and on Him, and not on other people and what I thought of them!  I would "see" Him in the store, watching to see if I was as polite as I could be to the customers, giving the very best service I could...even if they were rude to me, or looked down on me.  I tried to keep Him in mind all day, and at home.  It changed my behavior and my mind-set quickly.  I started praying for the people who weaved through the bumper-to-bumper traffic, my more focused customer service...focusing on service...had customers leaving in a happy mood...and the store's sales went up.  This is just a little thing that I did...and it came to mind to share it with you.  It really made my day so much more pleasant. I felt blessed.   I knew He was with me...but visualizing Him sitting beside me, or watching my attitude while I worked changed so many little things in my life, I wanted to share the idea with you.  I began driving peacefully.  I hope this brings you more happiness in your days...and more peace...and of course, more time with our Lord, Christ Jesus.

"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my Salvation."
(Habakkuk 3:18)

___________________

 
Announcing the Winner..."A Very Special Person..."

Thursdays are generally days when a person who left a comment by Midnight the Tuesday before is randomly chosen to receive a set of cards.  The number of cards changes weekly from 1 to 5.  The number of cards is randomly chosen also.  This is a special week.  This person did leave a comment this past week, so she is eligible to win.   She is someone who gives so much of herself to this blog.  I want to do something a bit different for her. I am asking for your help!

She is our beloved Joan!!!!!!!

Joan, I am so grateful for your being our Prayer Team Leader.  I know how many hours you spend praying for this blog, for each guest, for others who request it, and for those who may not even know the Lord yet.  I know you are one of the most honest and trustworthy people I know. And, I am so grateful for the friendship which has grown through our time in the prayer thread and here.  You are such a wonderful friend.   I would like to send you a surprise package!  Not cards...She donates so many of our cards!  I know you as a Prayer Warrior.  Seriously, she has shared with me that she prays whenever she is doing dishes, taking walks, or relaxing...which is rare with her busy schedule!  :)   You have been a constant encouragement to me, and I thank you for praying for my health, and the energy to write the blog with the Lord leading it.  If you would like to pray for a person's needs or something else on Joan's list...please let us know via a comment or email me at tracistarkweather@gmail.com   Even if you can give only 10 minutes a day...that is significant in the needs of prayer.  Teens are welcome also.

 
 "The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."
(Proverbs 15:29)

I would also like to ask each of you to step up and participate.  If you have ever asked for prayer from our Prayer Team, or if you know the important value of prayer, how going before the Lord can bring healing, how it can bring protection, how it can lead to us having our needs and even our desires met...then I ask you to please consider sending a card to my address for Joan, and I will forward them all to her?  I would like to send them all to her on April 1st.  Please write a note in it about prayer or how she serves the community with her constant prayer, or leave it blank and include a blank envelope for her to use as she sees fit.  Knowing Joan, she will say this is not necessary.  And, it isn't necessary to send a card...it is necessary to show appreciation to others, and that is my goal.  So, I ask your help, please.

 
"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name."(Malachi 3:16)

 
Please send your card for Joan to:
Traci Starkweather
116 Colyer Drive
Longwood, FL 32779
USA

And, please write "JOAN" on the left bottom corner, so I do not open it.  If I should open it, don't write her name on the envelope...OK?!  Thank you all for showing your gratitude for the time Joan has spent on your behalf with the Lord.  You may not even know how many times she has prayed for you.

 I thank each of you for visiting this blog.  It is so encouraging to read your comments or emails.  It is wonderful to learn from each other, and for the encouragement we get from each other.  This blog is a way that I serve the Lord.  And, if you are here...I am sure you are serving Him with the cards you receive and share with others, or by sharing in the comment section, or praying for a reader or the blog.  Perhaps you are praying for the unsaved to visit and learn, or for the many, many people around the world who do not yet know about our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus!  I am so glad you are here.  May God bless you!

 
"Let each of us please his neighbor for his good , leading to edification.  May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus." 
(Romans 15;2,5)

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

2 comments:

  1. Traci- I just finished reading your post. You are so very thoughtful and kind.Just as you said, I don't need to be singled out. Prayer is an integral part of my daily life. I think of it as the most important thing I can do for others.

    I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I do pray each day for each and every reader. I believe that no need is insignificant.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Joan,

      It is because of your beautiful heart that you are being recognized in this manner. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you pray for everyone that is a part of this blog and beyond. I am merely thanking you for it, and reminding others of all that you do for them!

      Thank you again, My Friend!

      He IS Able!
      Traci

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!