Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"My All in All"

Hi Friends~


I really want to share a Devotion with you today.  It is from the book titled:
Daily Assurance of God's Grace--My All in All by Robert Morgan.  It is put out by B&H Publishing Group.  It was copyright in 2008.  This book is so unique.  It's purpose is to show the "deep purpose and powerful use of the word all in the Bible."  Did you know the word "all" appears more than 5,000 times in God's Word?  It is used to amplify His greatest truths, commands and promises.  I hope you will enjoy this reading. 


Please remember to leave a comment on any subject, a prayer request, question, anything before Tuesday at midnight.  If you do this you will be eligible to receive 1-5 cards/envies via random drawing!  The winner will be announced on Thursday's post!  The He IS Able Blog's Card Set Give-Away is a Weekly opportunity for anyone living in the United States.  We are very glad to have guests from any where in the world.  I am sorry to say that I can not afford postage to other countries, as the packages often get quite heavy.  I hope you understand that you are still in our prayers, and we are so glad you are here.  I can send it to a relative or friend who may send you packages if that helps!


And now, the Devotion word for word from February 3rd:


"You will search for the Lord your God, and you will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul."  (Deuteronomy 4:29)


The Bible no where allows partial devotion to the Lord.  Instead it says:


Seek Him with all your heart and all your soul...Love the Lord our God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength...What does the Lord your God ask of you except to fear the Lord your God by walking in all His ways...and to worship the Lord your God with all your heart and all   your soul?...


Return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart...Obey the Lord your God by keeping His commands and statutes that are written in this book of the law and return to Him with all your heart and all your soul...Remain faithful to Him, and serve Him with all your heart and all your soul...You know with all your heart and all your soul that none of the good promises the Lord your God made to you has failed...


If you are returning to the Lord with all your heart, get rid of the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths* that are among you, dedicate yourselves to the Lord, and worship only Him...Above all, fear the Lord and worship Him faithfully with all your heart, considering the great things He has done for you...


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,...Think about Him in all your ways...


Believe with all your heart.

____________________________


I looked up the word Ashtoreths since I didn't know what it meant.  Here is the definition provided by Google:  "Ashtoreth was the primary Goddess of the Canaanite people and the female counterpart to Baal. Ashtoreth, according to the Canaanites, was the goddess of the moon. While previous empires worshiped Ashtoreth, most titled her as the goddess of war. However, there is no reason to believe the Canaanites ascribe such qualities to Ashtoreth."


_______________________________



Which Scripture really touched my heart today?  I can tell you that "Love the Lord our God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength" is especially special to me.  Born a practicing Jew, this is one of the few Scriptures that we memorized. In my up-bringing (which may vary from others), we did not really concentrate on the Words of the Torah.  (Torah is the first 5 books of the Bible, the part the Jews believe.  We seem to have concentrated more on the people and stories of the Torah.  The Torah is sacred.  It is hand-written in Hebrew from right to left on parchment or sheep's skin. If the writer makes one mistake he must start all over...it can take 2 people's consecutive lives to fulfill the writing of the Torah...each stroke the same.   It can not be touched by human hand.  The scroll is wound around two heavy wooded rods.)  Anyway, this is one of the Scriptures we learned.  So, this Scripture really reminded me of my heritage.


 "What does the Lord your God ask of you except to fear the Lord your God by walking in all His ways..." This Verse struck me as I read this Devotion.  It reminded me of what He wants from me...it is not asking the world of me.  In fact, it is my belief that since I am Saved, and have the Holy Spirit working within me...walking in the Lord's way is something I desire to do.  It is as if it started to happen on it's own...and now it is an act of obedience and love.  It is something I strive to do daily...decision by decision...action by action.  I want to walk closely with Him. I want to have a close relationship like Adam and Eve had with God in the Garden of Eden.  I want to respect Him.  Who else could possibly deserve the depth of respect we should have for Him?  And, His ways are the high ways.  He has instructed us on how to live the best life we can, and how to be with Him for eternity.  THAT is why I want to do everything I can to walk in His ways...to serve Him, and show Him I love Him, and that I want to be with Him forever.  (I do not know if that is what this Verse literally, scholarly means.  It is what comes to mind when I read it today...well, in February and today.


Which of the Verses really spoke to you?  Would you be willing to share in the comment section?  If you are willing to explain your thoughts in detail, I would love to share it as a post...with your permission only of course! If you are willing to share it as a blog post please email it to me as opposed to leaving it in the comment section.  tracistarkweather@gmail.com Please remember that we would love to receive your comments no matter how long. One of the goals I first had for this blog was for us to encourage and teach each other...to have fellowship...even if through comments.  To pray for each other, when someone leaves a need in the comment section. These things serve the Lord! When we share we encourage other Christians.  And, we may just say something that touches the heart of the unSaved.  I often leave replies in the comment section where you left your comment, so please take a look at the last post when you visit.  We are so glad you are here, and we love to hear from you, learn your opinions and thoughts, and  have fellowship with you.  Thank you so much for being here today.  I hope this Devotion was as uplifting to you...as it is for me! I can't wait to read your thoughts!  May God bless each of you!


He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!