Sunday, October 31, 2010

CHALLENGE w/PRIZE! Part 3 of 4 series on Mercy!



I made this card for the SCS VSN challenge.
Challenge was to color bright flowers!
Do you like my water lilies?
Hi  Everyone!                                          

So, you have had a weekend to make cards, go to church, and maybe have some quality time with your family. I hope that whatever you decided to do--you were enjoying it!

So, how many of you have made a Birthday Card for our Challenge?  Thank you so much!  If you haven't put a card together yet...you still have a little over 2 weeks...of course you
can send more than one card!  Here is the deal, and there is
a NEW ADDITIONAL PRIZE! 

*Michele's Big Birthday Challenge for Dad*


Michele G. has been such a huge part of this blog, from before it was even a blog!  She would never allow me to give her as much credit for what she has done for this blog...but, if I did, you would be astonished!  I would do whatever I could to thank her in this way! And, knowing Michele, I am sure her Dad is a wonderful, fun, (baseball-loving) man!  Please share and show your Christian love, by sending her Dad a card!  I know that this means so much to Michele, and I am certain it would be so wonderful for him.

Who:   Everyone! You and anyone else you can tell!  Please write
 "He IS Able" on the back of the card, or under your signature...so we can include you in the challenge!

What:  Michele wants her dear Dad to be blessed by your birthday cards! His Birthday...his 75th birthday, is this November. She is asking you to make/send a birthday card(s)  for this Godly man, who had suffered a stroke 6 years ago, and has been challenged this year.

Where:  Please mail birthday cards to:
Al Ostrander
4057 Circle Street
Milford, PA 18337

When:   Deadline is November 15th

How:  Michele's Dad will be photographed with all of the cards received by November 15th. He will then choose his favorite card! The person who sent this card will win the "Great Goody Bag" from Michele! She says this, "I so really want to bless dad and I would love to bless someone else with a neat goody bag!"

And, there is an Additional Prize to the already "Great Goody Bag!"  The
He IS Able blog has been given permission to donate 10 cards and envelopes to the winner of this challenge!  Things just keep getting better!  If you don't mind, would you please let us know if you made a card, in the comment section?

 ************************************************************

As you know, we're on our Third Section of our 4 Part Series on MERCY!  This is one of those things that Michele has done for me, but more importantly for you!  She put together this whole series on mercy, because I just haven't been well, and she knows how merciful He is.  (I am still sick.  But I am winning...it is going away.)                                                                                                          

Do you take God's Mercy for Granted?

Rom 1:32  "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

Do you every feel a slip on your lips or in your actions? Backsliding? Do you ever feel that you are doing something that He would not like?   But, for that split second do you know because the Holy Spirit reminds you of this? Do you consider doing something that the people of the world would think of as a little thing?  Well, do you ever think, oh, well, one little "word" or "action" isn't that big of a deal?  And, say or do it again?

This is what the Bible says:  "Don't be under any illusion; you can not make a fool of God!  A man's harvest in life will depend entirely on what he shows. Gal. 6:7

Could it be any clearer? The Bible is very clear on this.

 Occasionally, God chooses not to grant us mercy; for the purpose of judgment, discipline, or testing.  Fortunately, most often this is not what He will do.  For the time being, God has shown incredible patience and mercy by withholding most of the effects of our sins.

Romans 11:22 reads, "You must try to appreciate both the kindness and the strict justice of God.  Those who fell experienced the justice, while you are experiencing his kindness, and will continue to do so as line as you do not abuse the kindness..."

Ex 33:19  ..."I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Ps 103.8 "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love...He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgression from us?  As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him, for He knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust."

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, we will have a big sigh of relief! God is good!   And, He is just. God shows us love and patience.  And, Mercy!

Let's each praise Him for being so merciful!  For what He has done in your life.  Let's thank Him for who He is, and who He is teaching us to be!  Let's thank Him for His Word.  Show your gratitude to the Lord with your voice! Sing a Joyful song to the Lord.  There are many ways to show Him we love Him...just join in!

If you enjoy this blog, please leave even a short comment.  It is the only way I know that anyone is reading this.  And, I love doing this blog!  It is my dream ministry, as I shared on our first post in June.  And, you could let us know if you have already sent your card in, or are making it this week, and mailing it later...or tell us anything you would like! 

Leaving a comment does make you eligible to receive the Card of the Week!
As long as your comment is received by Tuesday evening at 8pm...your name MAY be randomly chosen to win the card on the side of the blog, with an extra envelope, and postage!  Thanks again for your comment!

Remember~
He IS Able!                   
Traci S.


p.s.  I sincerely thank each of you for your prayers and for visiting this blog. I am feeling almost normal again! I pray that you will share this blog with your friends and family, and that you will sign up as a "Google Follower", to be part of the He IS Able family.  Have you taken our badge with URL to put on your blog?  Please let me know by posting your blog URL in the comment section!  Thank you so much!  Traci

3 comments:

  1. The card I made for Michele's Dad is being mailed today. I hope he likes it!
    I am a follower of your blog and enjoy it very much. The Bible teaching/commentarys are very good. I am wondering which translation Michele uses. And thank you Michele for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I wanted to tell you, Traci for the good news that you are feeling and getting better.
    Also I do not have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love he-is-able.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
    Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!