Monday, October 25, 2010

Mercy Series Part 1 of 4 ... 2 CHALLENGES!! Prizes!

Hi Everyone~

Thank you for coming back to the He IS Able blog today!  I apologize for  being unable to post last week.  I was really ill!  I am still feeling very ill. I thank all of you that prayed for me and sent me birthday wishes.  It was a wonderful day, making cards and praising the Lord--in between naps! Thank you from my heart.   Fortunately, I have friends who are so good to me.  Michele G. took it upon herself to put this entire series on mercy together, so that I could rest!  Now is she a friend to be thankful for?! Oh, yes, she is!  "I always thank God for you."  I Corinthians 1:4  Michele, you will never know how much this means to me.  And, not only did Michele put together this series on mercy, she also is providing a CHALLENGE where the winner will win a "Neat Goody Bag" from her.  And, I know when she says "Neat"...she means worth-while! More details on this after the post on mercy.

"...Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.  But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved."  Eph 2:3-5

Let's take a look at the meaning of mercy as it relates to grace:

1. Mercy--not getting what you do deserve or withheld punishment.

2. Grace--getting what you don't deserve or unmerited favor.

Mercy is like a judge finding you guilty, but then withholding any punishment. Grace is getting something you could never have imagined. An inexplicable gift. It's like the same judge awarding you $10,000,000. after finding you guilty!

"...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."  Ex 33:19 

God forgives all confessed sin.  By grace we are saved and "put right with" Him.  But will He intervene to withhold earthly consequences?  Will He show mercy?  How many times?  Even after we know better?  Let's look through Scripture to see why, when, and if God doesn't give some of us what we deserve.

Lam 3:39 states "Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins?"

Jer 21:13 "I will punish you as your deeds deserve, declares the Lord."

Num 32:23 "...You may be sure your sin will find you out."

Is God ineffective at making "sure our sin finds us out? Are we really getting away with it? Can we continue to count on God's mercy if we remain unrepentant?

When We See Just How Far God Will Go...

Think of how much mercy God has given us. Most people have never contracted herpes, AIDS, or gotten pregnant our of wedlock! Most have miraculously avoided accidents we deserved due to reckless, inattentive, even drunk driving. And So on. God's angels must be working overtime administering His mercy.

1 Timothy 5:24 "Remember that some men's faults are obvious, and are equally obviously bringing them to judgment. The sins of other men are not apparent, but are dogging them, nevertheless, under the surface.

Job 33:27-30 "...I sinned and perverted what was right, but I did not get what I deserved. He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light of life. God does all these things to a man--twice, even three times--to turn back his soul from the pit, that the light of life may shine on him."

And, take a look at Proverbs 28:13:  "He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."

Wow!  Isn't His mercy amazing?  On Wednesday, we will continue sharing about mercy.  We will start with taking a look at how vast and amazing His mercy will go!

***Michele's Big Birthday Challenge***

Who:  Everyone!  You and anyone else you can tell!

What:  Michele wants her dear Dad to be blessed by your birthday cards!  His Birthday...his 75th birthday, is this November.  She is asking you to make/send a birthday card for this Godly man, who had suffered a stroke 6 years ago, and has been challenged this year.

Where:  Please mail all birthday cards to:


Al Ostrander
4057 Circle Street
Milford, PA 18337

When:  Deadline is November 15th

How:   Michele's Dad will be photographed with all of the cards received by November 15th.  He will then choose his favorite card!  The person who sent this card will win the "Goody Package" from Michele!  She says this, "I so really want to bless dad and I would love to bless someone else with a neat goody bag!"
Michele has been such a huge part of this blog, from before it was even a blog!
I would do whatever I could to thank her in this way!  And, knowing Michele, I am sure her Dad  is a wonderful, fun, (baseball-loving) man!   Please share your love, by sending her Dad a card!

Also, The Card of the Week Challenge will be held on Wednesday, but there will be 2 winners!  So, please leave a comment!  It is possible this one time, for one person to win both cards...so be sure you leave your comment before
Tuesday, 8pm!  The first comment chosen randomly will win the card on the right side of the blog!  The second comment randomly chosen, will win a card that will remain a surprise!  LOL

Remember,
He IS Able!
Traci S.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. It gives me something to ponder as I pray. I hope you and your family doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, ideas,prayer requests and comments! We love to read them all! And, if you had a prayer request, the Prayer Team will begin praying for your needs today. God Bless!